- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the decision problem in TOC?
A decision problem Q is a set of questions, each having either yes or no answer. Let us consider the question is “is 10 a perfect square?” which is an example for a decision problem. A decision problem generally consists of an infinite number of related questions.
The problem PSQ which determines whether an arbitrary natural number is a perfect square or not having some doubtful questions like the following −
- q0: Is 0 a perfect square?
- q1: Is 1 a perfect square?
- q2: Is 2 a perfect square?
A solution to a decision problem Q is an algorithm which determines the approximate answer to every question q ϵ Q.
An algorithm which solves a decision problem has to be the following −
A procedure which satisfies the preceding properties is generally called effective.
A problem is called as a decidable if it has a representation in which the set of accepted input strings from a recursive language.
Since computations of deterministic multi track and multi tape machines are simulated on a standard Turing machine, a solution using these machines also establishes the decidability of a problem.
The decision problem will be as follows −
- Related Articles
- What is the Halting Problem in TOC?
- Explain the Post Correspondence Problem in TOC
- What is Decidability in TOC?
- What is a Decision Tree?
- What is The Church-Turing Thesis in TOC?
- What is Inductive Hypothesis in TOC?
- What is unambiguous grammar in TOC?
- What is NP-completeness in TOC?
- What is Kleene’s Theorem in TOC?
- What is Turing Machine in TOC?
- What is the branch problem?
- What is the utility of Decision Tree Analysis?
- What Is Data-Driven Decision-Making?
- What is a Derivation tree in TOC?
- What is a mealy machine in TOC?