- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Minimization of DFA?
Given a Deterministic Finite Automata (DFA), try to reduce the DFA by removing unreachable states and removing similar rows.
Remove the unreachable states from q0
From the initial states, we are not able to reach q2 and q4. So, remove these two states as shown below −
After removing unreachable states, the partial minimized DFA is as follows −
The transition table is given below −
Divide tables into 2 tables as shown below −
Table 1 starts from the non-final states.
Table 2 starts from the final states.
Remove similar rows.
Table 1 has no similar rows
Table 2 has similar rows. So, skip q5 and replace q5 by q3
Combine two tables as shown below −
Thus, the minimized DFA will be as follows −
- Minimization of ER Diagram
- What is minimizing of DFA in compiler design?
- What is Deterministic Finite Automata (DFA)?
- What is the Representation of DFA in compiler design?
- What is the difference between DFA and NFA?
- What is the difference between DFA and NFA in compiler design?
- DFA based division
- DFA based division in C++?
- Explain Union process in DFA
- Give an example problem of converting NFA to DFA.
- Explain the intersection process of two DFA’s
- Explain the operation of DFA with block diagram in TOC
- Explain the concatenation process in DFA
- Explain the complementation process in DFA