- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is a Moore Machine in TOC?
Moore machine is a finite state machine in which the next state is decided by the current state and the current input symbol.
The output symbol at a given time depends only on the present state of the machine.
The Moore machine has 6 tuples
(Q, q0, Σ, O, δ, λ)
- Q: Finite set of states
- q0: Initial state of machine
- Σ: Finite set of input symbols
- O: Output alphabet
- δ: Transition function where Q × Σ → Q
- λ: Output function where Q → O
The state diagram is as follows −
Input − 010
Transition − δ (q0,0) => δ(q1,1) => δ(q1,0) => q2
Output − 1110(1 for q0, 1 for q1, again 1 for q1, 0 for q2)
The transition table for Moore machine is as follows −
|Current State||Next State||Output|
- Step 1 − current state q0 on input ‘0’ it goes to state q1 and on ‘1’ goes to q2 generating output 1.
- Step 2 − q1 on input ‘0’ goes to state q2 and on ‘1’ goes to q1 generating output ‘1’.
- Step 3 − q2 on input ‘0’ goes to q2 and on ‘1’ goes to q0 generating output ‘0’.
Design a Moore machine whether an input string contains an even or odd number of 1's.
If input is even number of 1’s, the output is 1
Otherwise, the output is 0
The transition diagram is as follows −
The transition table is as follows −
|Current state||Next state input 0||Next state input 1||Output|
- Related Articles
- Differentiate between Mealy machine and Moore machine in TOC
- What is a mealy machine in TOC?
- What is Turing Machine in TOC?
- What is a finite state machine in TOC?
- Convert the given Moore machine counts into equivalent Mealy machine.
- Design a Moore machine for some binary input sequence.
- What are the Turing machine variations in TOC?
- Explain the universal Turing machine in TOC
- Explain Multi tape Turing Machine in TOC?
- Design a Moore machine to generate 1's complement of a binary number.
- What is a Derivation tree in TOC?
- What is Decidability in TOC?
- What is a context sensitive language in TOC?
- What is Inductive Hypothesis in TOC?
- What is unambiguous grammar in TOC?