- SAP FICO Tutorial
- SAP FICO - Home
- SAP FI - Overview
- SAP FI - Submodules
- SAP FI - Company Basics
- SAP FI - Define Business Area
- SAP FI - Define Functional Area
- SAP FI - Define Credit Control
- SAP FI - General Ledger
- SAP FI - COA Group
- SAP FI - Retained Earnings Account
- SAP FI - G/L Account
- SAP FI - Block G/L Account
- SAP FI - Deleting G/L Accounts
- SAP FI - Financial Statement Version
- SAP FI - Journal Entry Posting
- SAP FI - Fiscal Year Variant
- SAP FI - Posting Period Variant
- SAP FI - Field Status Variant
- SAP FI - Field Status Group
- SAP FI - Define Posting Keys
- SAP FI - Define Document Type
- SAP FI - Document Number Ranges
- SAP FI - Post with Reference
- SAP FI - Hold a G/L Document Posting
- SAP FI - Park a G/L Document Posting
- SAP FI - G/L Reporting
- SAP FI - Accounts Receivable
- SAP FI - Customer Master Data
- SAP FI - Block a Customer
- SAP FI - Delete a Customer
- SAP FI - Customer Account Group
- SAP FI - One-Time Customer Master
- SAP FI - Post a Sales Invoice
- SAP FI - Document Reversal
- SAP FI - Sales Returns
- SAP FI - Post Incoming Payment
- SAP FI - Foreign Currency Invoice
- SAP FI - Incoming Partial Payments
- SAP FI - Reset AR Cleared Items
- SAP FI - Credit Control
- SAP FI - Accounts Payable
- SAP FI - Create a Vendor
- SAP FI - Create Vendor Acct Group
- SAP FI - Display Changed Fields
- SAP FI - Block a Vendor
- SAP FI - Delete a Vendor
- SAP FI - One-Time Vendor
- SAP FI - Post Purchase Invoice
- SAP FI - Purchases Returns
- Post Outgoing Vendor Payment
- SAP FI - Foreign Currency Invoice
- Withholding Tax in vendor invoice
- SAP FI - Outgoing Partial Payments
- SAP FI - Reset AP Cleared Items
- SAP FI - Automatic Payment Run
- SAP FI - Posting Rounding Differences
- SAP FI - Month End Closing
- SAP FI - Dunning
- SAP FI - Exchange Rates
- SAP FI - Tables in Module
- SAP FI - AR Invoice Processes
- SAP FI - AR Account Analysis
- SAP FI - AR Reporting
- SAP FI - AA Overview
- SAP FI - AA Asset Explorer
- SAP FI - Cash Management
- SAP CO - Overview
- SAP CO - Submodules
- SAP CO - Cost Center
- SAP CO - Create Cost Center
- SAP CO – Post to a Cost Center
- SAP CO - Internal Orders
- SAP CO - Settlement of IO
- SAP CO - Profit Center
- SAP CO - Postings to Profit Center
- Profit Center Standard Hierarchy
- Assigning Cost to Profit Centers
- Assigning Materials to Profit Center
- SAP CO - Tables in Module
- SAP CO - Product Costing
- SAP CO - Profitability Analysis
- SAP CO - Planning Methods
- SAP FI - Integration
- SAP FICO Useful Resources
- SAP FICO - Questions Answers
- SAP FICO - Quick Guide
- SAP FICO - Useful Resources
- SAP FICO - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP FI - Customer Master Data
In SAP FI, all business transactions are posted to and managed in accounts. You must create a master record for each account that you require. The master record contains data that controls how business transactions are recorded and processed by the system. It also includes all the information about a customer that you need to be able to conduct business with him.
Customer master data is used by both the accounts and sales department in an organization. By maintaining customer master data centrally, it can be accessed throughout your organization and avoid the need to enter the same information twice. You can also avoid inconsistencies in master data by maintaining it centrally.
Example − There is a change in address of one of your customers, so you only have to enter this change once in the system, and your accounting and sales departments will always have up-to-date information.
How to create a customer master data centrally in SAP FI?
Use the T-code FD01 or go to Accounting → Finance Accounting → Accounts Receivable → Master Records → Maintain Centrally → Create.
A new window will open. Enter the following details −
Select an account group.
Depending on the type of number assignment (internal or external) used for the account group, you also enter an account number.
If you wish to maintain the company code data or the sales data as well as the general data, also enter −
A company code for maintaining the FI data (accounting data).
A sales area for maintaining sales data.
To continue, choose Continue.
Once you click Continue, a new screen appears with customer data. Enter the following customer data and click Save.
- Enter the name of the customer.
- Enter Search Term, for searching the customer Id.
- Enter Street/House Number.
- Enter Postal code/City.
- Enter Country/Region.
Click the Control Data tab and enter Corporate Group etc. if the customer belongs to a corporate group.
Click the second option Company Code data and go to Account Management.
Enter Recon. Account number from the list provided. Go to Payment Transactions, enter terms of payment, tolerance group, etc.
Once you are done with all the details, click the Save icon at the top.