- MicroStrategy Tutorial
- MicroStrategy - Home
- MicroStrategy - Overview
- MicroStrategy - Environment Setup
- MicroStrategy - Desktop
- MicroStrategy - Architecture
- MicroStrategy - Importing Data
- MicroStrategy - OLAP Services
- MicroStrategy Objects
- Configuration Objects
- MicroStrategy - Public Objects
- MicroStrategy - Schema Objects
- MicroStrategy - Report Objects
- MicroStrategy Basic Reporting
- MicroStrategy - Report Types
- MicroStrategy - Slicing
- MicroStrategy - Dicing
- MicroStrategy - Pivoting
- MicroStrategy - Drilldown
- MicroStrategy - Rollup
- MicroStrategy - Creating Metrics
- MicroStrategy - Nested Metrics
- MicroStrategy Advanced Reporting
- Creating Derived Metrics
- MicroStrategy - Metric Comparison
- MicroStrategy - Creating Filters
- MicroStrategy - Advanced Filters
- Shortcut & Embedded Filters
- MicroStrategy - Refreshing Reports
- MicroStrategy - Intelligent Cubes
- MicroStrategy Dashboards
- Creating a Dashboard
- Formatting a Dashboard
- MicroStrategy - Graph Visualizations
- MicroStrategy - Grid Visualizations
- Heat Map Visualization
- MicroStrategy - N/W Visualization
- Visualization with Multiple Datasets
- Filtering Data in Dashboard
- MicroStrategy - Adding Web Content
- MicroStrategy Office
- Conditional Formatting
- MicroStrategy - Custom Groups
- MicroStrategy - Report Cache Flow
- MicroStrategy - Data Marts
- MicroStrategy - Predictive Models
- MicroStrategy Useful Resources
- MicroStrategy - Quick Guide
- MicroStrategy - Useful Resources
- MicroStrategy - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
MicroStrategy - Overview
As a Business Intelligence tool with wide range of capabilities, MicroStrategy has powerful features that helps to find answers and insights in business data analysis. Following are some of the important features.
This feature enables MicroStrategy to connect to any data source and blend the data from various sources. It can connect to relational sources, flat files, big data sources, social media platforms, and cloud systems to name a few.
This feature helps in data transformation and modification with an extensive set of builtin data wrangling and parsing capabilities. Business users benefit from automatic recommendations while data scientists can leverage the full breadth of wrangling capabilities. There are history scripts that remember data transformations and can be reapplied to any analysis.
Data Mining and Predictive Analysis
MicroStrategy has a wide range of native analytical capabilities, with the option to easily incorporate third-party data mining and modeling tools. The Data Mining Services can be used by business users, report designers and analysts to view and build predictive reports and distribute these reports to users on any device.
Library of Analytics Functions
It has an extensive library of over 300 OLAP, mathematical, financial, and data mining functions, which can be used to better understand the relationships between data, create business metrics and top-level KPIs, or build advanced statistical analyses.
Extensible Visualization Library
It has out-of-the-box grids, graphs, and in-built data visualizations tools. It also allows addition of hundreds of open-source visualizations available from D3 or other providers with built-in tools that help with the integration process. It also has a visualization builder and SK to code a new visualization from scratch.
You can build dashboards that can source live data to provide real-time monitoring of the most current information. With scheduled updates that have controllable intervals, users can be guaranteed of the latest data.
MicroStrategy comes with several out-of-the-box development-ready portlets that require no additional coding. These portlets allow organizations to seamlessly embed MicroStrategy functionality with IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic, Microsoft SharePoint, and SAP NetWeaver, among others. A portal integration kit includes sample code and documentation for integrating MicroStrategy Web with other enterprise portals.
The existing visualizations, reports, and dashboards are instantly available in mobile platforms, once they are created.