- SAP NetWeaver Tutorial
- SAP NetWeaver - Home
- SAP NetWeaver - Introduction
- SAP NetWeaver - Architecture
- SAP NetWeaver - Components
- SAP NetWeaver - Release Details
- SAP NW - NW Version in ECC System
- SAP NetWeaver - Setting Up NW
- SAP NW - Installation Options
- Passing Parameters for Installation
- SAP NW - Transport Management
- Managing Background Jobs
- SAP NW - NW Business Client
- SAP NW - Service Configuration
- Business Client Installation
- NWBC Transaction & Navigation
- SAP Application based on NW
- SAP NetWeaver - Portal
- SAP NetWeaver - Create a System
- Enterprise Portal Roles & Group
- SAP NW - Knowledge Management
- SAP NW - KM Administration
- SAP NetWeaver - Developer Studio
- SAP NetWeaver - Web Content
- Process Integration Options
- SAP NetWeaver - Gateway
- SAP NetWeaver - Security
- SAP NetWeaver - PFCG Roles
- SAP NW - Authentication Methods
- SAP NW - Communication Security
- SAP NetWeaver Useful Resources
- SAP NW - Questions and Answers
- SAP NetWeaver - Quick Guide
- SAP NetWeaver - Useful Resources
- SAP NetWeaver - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP NetWeaver - Components
SAP NetWeaver includes a comprehensive set of components, applications, and tools.
SAP NetWeaver Application Server
It supports platform-independent web services, business applications, and standardsbased development, enabling you to leverage the existing technology assets for Webservices-oriented solutions.
Its key features include −
- Proven scalable and comprehensive toolset for managing application platform development.
- Leverage the existing infrastructure skillset.
Internet Communication Manager
Internet Communication Manager (ICM) is used to process web and server requests and to set up the connection to the internet using HTTP, HTTPS and SMTP protocol. The requests were sent via Web browser by the users.
A RFC connection is used to connect SAP NetWeaver Application server to Backend system for acquiring and processing the data.
In SAP Web Application Server, SAP Gateway makes the RFC interface between the SAP instances available.
The Message Server is used to process the messages and for load balancing in the SAP system.
Installation Options for the SAP NetWeaver Application Server
For the installation of SAP NetWeaver Application Server, you can select from the following two installation options −
ABAP System − Using this installation method, you can run ABAP programs and also few selected SAP Java applications.
Java System − Using this installation method, you can run J2EE applications but not any ABAP programs
SAP NetWeaver − Business Intelligence
It enables you to integrate data from across the enterprise and transform it into practical, timely business information to drive sound decision making.
SAP NetWeaver − Gateway
It enables developers to create applications that link business users to SAP software from any environment and through any device.
SAP NetWeaver − Master Data Management
It ensures cross-system data consistency and helps integrate business processes across the extended value chain.
SAP NetWeaver − Process Orchestration
It helps improve processes, from simple workflows to integrated processes that span applications and organizational boundaries. It includes capabilities for business process management, business rules management, and process integration.
SAP NetWeaver − Portal
It unifies critical information and applications to provide users with role-based views that span the enterprise, enabling you to take full advantage of your information resources.
SAP Auto-ID Infrastructure
It gives you all the capabilities you need to integrate all automated sensing devices including RFID reader and printers, bluetooth devices, embedded systems, and barcode devices.
SAP NetWeaver − Identity Management
It addresses access and provisioning issues facing a typical enterprise. It creates a new opportunity for integrating business processes, and helps to integrate systems in a heterogeneous IT environment.
SAP NetWeaver − Information Lifecycle Management
It allows you to archive data in a readily accessible format according to regulatory retention rules that you define.