- SAP NetWeaver Tutorial
- SAP NetWeaver - Home
- SAP NetWeaver - Introduction
- SAP NetWeaver - Architecture
- SAP NetWeaver - Components
- SAP NetWeaver - Release Details
- SAP NW - NW Version in ECC System
- SAP NetWeaver - Setting Up NW
- SAP NW - Installation Options
- Passing Parameters for Installation
- SAP NW - Transport Management
- Managing Background Jobs
- SAP NW - NW Business Client
- SAP NW - Service Configuration
- Business Client Installation
- NWBC Transaction & Navigation
- SAP Application based on NW
- SAP NetWeaver - Portal
- SAP NetWeaver - Create a System
- Enterprise Portal Roles & Group
- SAP NW - Knowledge Management
- SAP NW - KM Administration
- SAP NetWeaver - Developer Studio
- SAP NetWeaver - Web Content
- Process Integration Options
- SAP NetWeaver - Gateway
- SAP NetWeaver - Security
- SAP NetWeaver - PFCG Roles
- SAP NW - Authentication Methods
- SAP NW - Communication Security
- SAP NetWeaver Useful Resources
- SAP NW - Questions and Answers
- SAP NetWeaver - Quick Guide
- SAP NetWeaver - Useful Resources
- SAP NetWeaver - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP NetWeaver - Communication Security
Secure Network Communications (SNC) integrates SAP NetWeaver Single Sign-On or an external security product with SAP systems. With SNC, you strengthen security by using additional security functions provided by a security product that is not directly available with SAP systems.
SNC protects the data communication paths between the various client and the server components of the SAP system that use the SAP protocols, Remote Function Call (RFC) or Dynamic Information and Action Gateway (DIAG).
There are well-known cryptographic algorithms that have been implemented by the various security products, and with SNC, you can apply these algorithms to your data for increased protection.
SNC secures the data communication paths between the various SAP system client and server components. There are well-known cryptographic algorithms that have been implemented by security products supported, and with SNC you can apply these algorithms to your data for increased protection.
With SNC, you receive application-level, end-to-end security. All communication that takes place between two SNC-protected components is secured.
Additional security features like Smart Cards can be used that SAP does not directly provide. You can change the security product at any time without affecting the SAP business applications.
Levels of Protection
You can apply three levels of security protection. They are −
- Authentication only
- Integrity protection
- Privacy protection
When using authentication only, the system verifies the identity of the communication partners. This is the minimum protection level offered by SNC.
When using integrity protection, the system detects any changes or manipulation of the data, which may have occurred between the two ends of a communication.
When using privacy protection, the system encrypts the messages being transferred to make eavesdropping useless. Privacy protection also includes integrity protection of the data. This is the maximum level of protection provided by SNC.