- SAP SD Tutorial
- SAP SD - Home
- SAP SD - Introduction
- Customer & Material Master Data
- SAP SD - Create Partner Function
- SAP SD - Create Material Stock
- SAP SD - Create MM For Sales View
- SAP SD - Customer Account Groups
- SAP SD - Pre-Sales Activities
- SAP SD - Create Quotations
- SAP SD - Sales Support
- SAP SD - Sales Order Processing
- SAP SD - Creation of Sales Order
- SAP SD - Defining a Sales Document
- SAP SD - Item Categories
- SAP SD - Schedule Lines Categories
- SAP SD - Copy Control
- SAP SD - Log of INComplete Items
- SAP SD - Pricing
- SAP SD - Condition Record & Table
- Condition Techniques & Types
- SAP SD - Access Sequence
- Prices, Surcharges & Discounts
- SAP SD - Product Proposals
- Listing, Determination & Exclusion
- SAP SD - Sales Order Types
- SAP SD - Free of Charge Deliveries
- SAP SD - Outline Agreements
- SAP SD - Quota Arrangement
- SAP SD - Special Business Process
- SAP SD - Shipping
- Shipping Point & Route Determination
- SAP SD - Define Routes & Stages
- SAP SD - Outbound Delivery
- SAP SD - Delivery Processing
- Picking, Packing & Post Good Issue
- SAP SD - Introduction to Billing
- SAP SD - Billing Methods
- SAP SD - Credit Management
- Mapping Enterprise Structure
- SAP SD Useful Resources
- SAP SD - Questions Answers
- SAP SD - Quick Guide
- SAP SD - Useful Resources
- SAP SD - Discussion
SAP SD - Shipping
Shipping is defined as a very important activity in the sales process. It comes under the logistics chain and guarantees customer service and distribution of goods. It is a significant component of Sales and Distribution module. It is used to perform outbound delivery and other shipping activities like picking and packing of the goods.
In the shipping process, there are a few key sub processes, which include −
- Delivery processing of the goods
- Picking of items
- Packing of the goods
- Post goods issue
- Shipping communication
- Planning & monitoring of shipping
- Other functions like batch determination, serial numbers, inspection, etc.
Organizational Units in Shipping
In shipping the stock of goods is managed at Storage Locations.
The shipping point key characteristics include −
- It is under client location.
- An Outbound Delivery is processed from a single Shipping point.
- Shipping point is determined at Item level in the order.
- Shipping point can process outbound deliveries of several plants.
You can also assign several shipping points to one plant, but each point should have a different loading equipment or a different processing time.
Other Organization units are warehouse#, type of storage, etc.
There is a warehouse# that is assigned to a plant and storage location. There can be multiple storage locations in a plant and they can point to one warehouse.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started