- SAP SD Tutorial
- SAP SD - Home
- SAP SD - Introduction
- Customer & Material Master Data
- SAP SD - Create Partner Function
- SAP SD - Create Material Stock
- SAP SD - Create MM For Sales View
- SAP SD - Customer Account Groups
- SAP SD - Pre-Sales Activities
- SAP SD - Create Quotations
- SAP SD - Sales Support
- SAP SD - Sales Order Processing
- SAP SD - Creation of Sales Order
- SAP SD - Defining a Sales Document
- SAP SD - Item Categories
- SAP SD - Schedule Lines Categories
- SAP SD - Copy Control
- SAP SD - Log of INComplete Items
- SAP SD - Pricing
- SAP SD - Condition Record & Table
- Condition Techniques & Types
- SAP SD - Access Sequence
- Prices, Surcharges & Discounts
- SAP SD - Product Proposals
- Listing, Determination & Exclusion
- SAP SD - Sales Order Types
- SAP SD - Free of Charge Deliveries
- SAP SD - Outline Agreements
- SAP SD - Quota Arrangement
- SAP SD - Special Business Process
- SAP SD - Shipping
- Shipping Point & Route Determination
- SAP SD - Define Routes & Stages
- SAP SD - Outbound Delivery
- SAP SD - Delivery Processing
- Picking, Packing & Post Good Issue
- SAP SD - Introduction to Billing
- SAP SD - Billing Methods
- SAP SD - Credit Management
- Mapping Enterprise Structure
- SAP SD Useful Resources
- SAP SD - Questions Answers
- SAP SD - Quick Guide
- SAP SD - Useful Resources
- SAP SD - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP SD - Quota Arrangement
A particular material can be procured from different vendors depending on the customer requirement. So, the total requirement of a material is distributed to different vendor’s i.e. quota is assigned to each source of supply. This is known as quota arrangement.
The key points about quota arrangement are as follows −
Quota arrangement divides the total requirement of material among certain sources of supply, i.e. vendors and then assigns quota to each source. This particular quota specifies the portion of material that is to be procured from this assigned vendor or source. Quota rating is used to determine the amount of material that is to be assigned to a particular source or vendor. The source with lowest quota rating represents the valid source.
Quota rating can be calculated by the following formula −
Quota rating = (Quota Allocated Quantity + Quota Base Quantity)/Quota
Where the Quota Allocated Quantity is the total quantity from all orders that are procured from a particular source. Quota Base Quantity is the quantity from a new source of supply. Quota is the total requirement of material that is given to a particular source of supply.
The mandatory setting before creating quota is – information record and source list should be maintained for the particular material. Also, in the material master, the source list and quota arrangement usage check box should be checked. This setting can be made in the material master by going to T-Code MM03. In the purchasing view, check the quota arrangement usage and source list. Setting is now maintained for quota arrangement.
Create Quota Arrangement
Quota arrangement divides the total requirement of a material among certain sources of supply i.e. vendors. Quota arrangement can be created by following the steps shown below.
Path to create Quota Arrangement − Logistics → Materials Management → Purchasing → Master Data → Quota Arrangement → Maintain.
On the Sap Menu screen, select Maintain execute icon by following the above step.
Enter the material number and plant for which quota arrangement needs to be maintained.
Enter the names of the vendor’s along with all the assigned and allocated quantity to them. Click save. Quota arrangement is now maintained for this particular material.