- YouTube Marketing Tutorial
- YouTube Marketing - Home
- YouTube Marketing - Overview
- Creating an Account
- Create Creative Video
- Creating a Channel
- Channel Description Box
- Setup Channel Background
- Channel Branding
- Create Video Thumbnails
- Create Video Playlists
- Video Sharing
- Deleting a Video
- Hide a Video
- Sharing Unlisted and Private Videos
- White Hat SEO for Videos
- Choosing a Video Title
- Add Video Annotation
- Promoting a Video
- Fan Finder
- Handling Comments
- Manage Negative Comments
- Monetize Your Video
- Marketing Tricks
- Safety Settings
- Videos Admin
- Video Transcripts
- Video Call Button
- YouTube Partner Program
- YouTube Marketing - Analytics
- YouTube Marketing Resources
- YouTube Marketing - Quick Guide
- YouTube Marketing - Resources
- YouTube Marketing - Discussion
YouTube Marketing - Overview
Launched in May 2005, YouTube allows billions of people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos. YouTube provides a forum for people to connect, inform, and inspire others across the globe and acts as a distribution platform for original content creators and advertisers large and small.
The following screenshot shows how a YouTube page looks like −
Salient Features of YouTube
YouTube is no longer a new media platform, as proven by these stats −
- YouTube has more than 1 billion users
- Every day people watch hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube and generate billions of views
- The number of hours people are watching on YouTube each month is up 50% year over year
- 300 hours of videos are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- ~60% of a creator’s views comes from outside their home country
- YouTube is localized in 75 countries and available in 61 languages
- Half of YouTube views are on mobile devices
- More than a million advertisers are using Google ad platforms, the majority of which are small businesses
The YouTube Advantage
From a business point-of-view, YouTube Marketing has introduced new techniques that many businesses aren't yet exploiting. The following YouTube guide will walk you through these opportunities for marketing on YouTube −
- Assess different ways you can use YouTube for marketing.
- Using YouTube to inform and educate your audience.
- Researching video content ideas.
- Using YouTube to support conversion.
- Leveraging the YouTube community to promote your video.
- Branding your YouTube channel.
- Increasing your reach and visibility.
Important Points to Note
You can keep your focus on the following points to become a YouTube rock-star −
- You need to capture the curiosity of video consumers by creating unconventional content.
- You’ll need to ensure your video is discoverable.
- Consider joining hands with YouTube celebrities to enlist already curated audiences.
- Always ensure that the video links back to your website and includes a call-to-action.
Finally, make sure to be consistent with regular postings to the YouTube channel.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started