- Google Plus Tutorial
- Google Plus - Home
- Google Plus - Introduction
- Setting up a Business Page
- Google Plus - Business Page Setting
- Creating a New Account
- Navigating Through Google Plus
- Adding Business Details
- Uploading Profile Picture
- Google Plus - Adding a Cover Picture
- Google Plus - Networking
- Google Plus - Circles
- Google Plus - Communities
- Google Plus - Hangouts
- Google Plus - Events
- Google Plus - Posting Content
- Google Plus - Uploading a Post
- Google Plus - Editing a Post
- Google Plus - Deleting a Post
- Google Plus - Resharing a Post
- Google Plus - Reporting a Post
- Foster User Engagement
- Google Plus - Checking Notifications
- Google Plus - Adding Managers
- Google Plus - Setting Settings
- Google Plus - Notification Settings
- Google Plus - Circle Settings
- Google Plus - Photo & Video Settings
- Google Plus - Profile Settings
- Google Plus - Deleting an Account
- Google Plus - Insights
- Google Plus - Optimization Process
- Google Plus - Optimizing a Page
- Google Plus - Claiming Vanity URL
- Google Plus - +Post Ads
- Google Plus - Integration Process
- Google Plus - Badges
- Google Plus - Creating a Badge
- Connecting With YouTube
- Google Plus - Social Linking
- Google Plus Useful Resources
- Google Plus - Quick Guide
- Google Plus - Useful Resources
- Google Plus - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Google Plus - Claiming Vanity URL
A custom URL is a must for giving people a short and easy to remember address of the page to find our Google+ profile. It will be generated with our name added with a few letters/numbers to make it a unique profile name.
Make sure to create a unique custom URL as we will not be able to change it later. These URLs are advanced and easy to recognize.
Getting a Custom URL for Google+ Profile
Step 1 − Open the Google+ account.
Step 2 − On the top left corner, click the hamburger icon.
Step 3 − Choose the option ‘Profile’.
Step 4 − Check near the profile, there is an option ‘About’. Click it.
Step 5 − Scroll down to ‘links’ and search the header ‘google+URL’.
Step 6 − Click ‘Get URL’.
Step 7 − View the options of custom URLs to choose from. Remember to make it unique by adding special numbers and letters.
Step 8 − Next, click ‘I agree to the terms of service’.
Step 9 − Click ‘Change URL’.
The service will ask us to verify our account using the mobile number.
Step 10 − Type the number and click ‘Send code’.
Step 11 − Check and enter the code and click ‘Verify’.
Step 12 − Always keep in mind the URL cannot be changed later, so do it carefully and click ‘Confirm choice’.
Note − We cannot alter our custom URL, however, we do have a choice to change which letters we want to capitalize or which accents we want to have.
Conditions of Getting a Custom URL for Profile
Following are the conditions to be fulfilled according Google+ policy to obtain a custom URL.
- Account must be at least 30 days old.
- Profile page should have a profile photo.
- Account should have 10 or more followers.
- Account should have a proper standing.
Google+ Custom URL for Business Page
To be eligible for custom URL for business, Google+ page must be a verified business page. The page can also become eligible for custom URL, if it is linked to a website. If the page meets any one of these requirements, we get a notification on the top of the page.
On opening Google+ account, go to the ‘business page’. Check the ‘I agree to the terms of services’ box. There will be three key elements in this policy.
Google has the right to “reclaim custom URLs or can remove them for any reason, and without notice.” .
You can get the custom URLs for free but Google “may start charging a fee for the URLs.” .
Your custom URLs must not contain words or phrases that is offensive and violates the Google policy.