- Sublime Text Tutorial
- Sublime Text - Home
- Sublime Text – Introduction
- Sublime Text – Installation
- Sublime Text – Data Directory
- Creating First Document
- Editing First Text Document
- Patterns of Code Editing
- Sublime Text – Sublime Linter
- Sublime Text – Shortcuts
- Sublime Text – Snippets
- Sublime Text – Macros
- Sublime Text – Key Bindings
- Sublime Text – Column Selection
- Sublime Text – Indentation
- Sublime Text – Base Settings
- Sublime Text – Theme Management
- Understanding Vintage Mode
- Sublime Text – Vintage Commands
- Sublime Text – Testing Python Code
- Sublime Text – Spell Check
- Sublime Text – Packages
- Sublime Text – Menus
- Sublime Text – Sub Menus of Font
- Sublime Text – Developing Plugin
- Sublime Text – Command Palette
- Debugging PHP Application
- Sublime Text – Batch Processing
- Distraction Free Mode
- SublimeCodeIntel Plugin
- Sublime Text Useful Resources
- Sublime Text - Quick Guide
- Sublime Text - Useful Resources
- Sublime Text - Discussion
Sublime Text - Sublime Linter
Linting is the process of flagging suspicious constructs and likely to be bugs in any programming language.
Sublime Linter is the package of Sublime Text that helps you to perform linting in Sublime. It helps in creating files in different modes for the manipulation of code base. It is not an in built package and you need to install it manually.
You can install any package control in Sublime Text editor using the shortcut key combination Ctrl+Shift+P, and selecting the Package Control: Install Package option.
Select the associated package to install in Sublime Text editor. To install Sublime Linter, you need to select the option of SublimeLinter plugin.
On successful installation, your screen will look as shown below −
Modes of Sublime Linter
Sublime Linter runs in four different modes as mentioned below −
When the Sublime Linter key is set to true, linting is performed in the background constantly each time the file is modified.
When the Sublime Linter key is set to , linting load savewill be performed when a file is loaded from the repository.
When the Sublime Linter key is set to save only mode, linting is performed while saving the particular file in working repository.
On Demand Mode
In the on-demand mode, the Sublime Linter will be set to true, using the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+L, which sets up the linter to detect bugs, if any present in the code.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started