- Sublime Text Tutorial
- Sublime Text - Home
- Sublime Text – Introduction
- Sublime Text – Installation
- Sublime Text – Data Directory
- Creating First Document
- Editing First Text Document
- Patterns of Code Editing
- Sublime Text – Sublime Linter
- Sublime Text – Shortcuts
- Sublime Text – Snippets
- Sublime Text – Macros
- Sublime Text – Key Bindings
- Sublime Text – Column Selection
- Sublime Text – Indentation
- Sublime Text – Base Settings
- Sublime Text – Theme Management
- Understanding Vintage Mode
- Sublime Text – Vintage Commands
- Sublime Text – Testing Python Code
- Sublime Text – Spell Check
- Sublime Text – Packages
- Sublime Text – Menus
- Sublime Text – Sub Menus of Font
- Sublime Text – Developing Plugin
- Sublime Text – Command Palette
- Debugging PHP Application
- Sublime Text – Batch Processing
- Distraction Free Mode
- SublimeCodeIntel Plugin
- Sublime Text Useful Resources
- Sublime Text - Quick Guide
- Sublime Text - Useful Resources
- Sublime Text - Discussion
Sublime Text - Snippets
Snippets are the smart templates which can be reused whenever needed. Sublime text editor includes snippets feature for HTML templates. In this chapter, you will learn about them in detail.
Snippets are simple XML supported files with various attributes. They include an extension called sublime-snippet. The root tag of XML element will be the <snippet> tag. Snippets created are saved in the Packages folder and are considered to live in this folder.
The file format and syntax of snippets are discussed in detail as follows −
Content −This section includes description of the snippet.
tabTrigger − It includes a sequence of characters which trigger when the snippet is written.
Scope − It defines the scope in which the snippet remains active.
Description − It includes all the meta description. It will be displayed when snippet’s menu is open.
Creating First Snippet
You can create the default snippet using Tools → Developer → Snippet option.
Then, a demo snippet with the associated tags will be created as shown below −
To create a first snippet in Sublime Text editor, click the Tools menu and select the Snippets option from the drop down window, as shown in the screenshot here.
Now, choose Snippet:html from the options displayed.
This creates a default snippet on the specified html file as shown below.
Note that there are various snippets for different types of files. For html files in the code base, there are three snippets defined in Sublime Text editor, as shown below.
Package Control Snippets
Control snippets are primarily used for product development. With install packages option in Sublime editor, you can download any snippet needed for web development and install it.
You may need the following packages for web development −
- EverCodeLab Sublime supports for Ruby on Rails
- Additional PHP snippets for PHP
- HTML snippets for HTML files
- Twitter Bootstrap snippets for Twitter Bootstrap
- jQuery snippets pack for jQuery
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started