- SAP SCM Tutorial
- SAP SCM - Home
- SAP SCM - Overview
- SAP SCM - Components
- SAP SCM - Benefits
- SAP SCM - Demand Management
- SAP SCM - Creating PIR
- Material Requirement Planning
- SAP SCM - Planned Order Creation
- Production Order Creation
- SAP SCM - Goods Issue
- Production Order Confirmation
- Production Order Cancellation
- SAP SCM - Integration
- SAP SCM - Integration Models
- SAP SCM - Master Data
- SAP SCM - Resources
- Production Data Structures
- Transfer Changed Master Data
- SAP SCM - Transfer Changed BOMs
- SAP SCM - Models and Versions
- SAP SCM - Applications
- Advanced Planning Optimization
- SAP SCM - Extended Warehouse
- Transportation Management
- Supply Network Collaboration
- Forecasting & Replenishment
- Consultant Responsibilities
- SAP SCM Useful Resources
- SAP SCM - Questions Answers
- SAP SCM - Quick Guide
- SAP SCM - Useful Resources
- SAP SCM - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP SCM - Planned Order Creation
In SAP system, you can create a planned order request during planning run for a plant to trigger the procurement of material with the certain quantity for a specific time period.
Planned orders are created as a result of shortage of materials that are set to internal procurement, will create planned orders and you can convert planned orders to production orders using T-Code: CO40/CO41.
Step 1 − You can create a planned order manually using T-Code: MD11 or automatically via MRP run using T-Code: MD01/MD02. You can also navigate to Logistics → Production → MRP → Planned Order → Create.
Step 2 − In the next screen, select Planned Order Profile to choose the type of Planned order to be created. You can select from the following options.
Step 3 − Here, we have selected a Stock order. Click the green tick to create a planned order in system.
Step 4 − In the next window, you can see Planned order Stock order creation screen. Enter the details as shown below −
In Header tab, select the following values −
- MRP Area
- Order Quantity
- Production Plant
- Storage location
Step 5 − Next go to Assignment tab.
Step 6 − Select MRP Controller field to select Controller option.
Step 7 − Enter Production Supervisor if not selected. In a company, you can find multiple options.
Step 8 − Next is to select Acct Assignment Category.
Step 9 − Next go to the Master data tab and enter lot size. Following are the available options −
Step 10 − To finalize the Planned order, click the Save button.
You will get a confirmation- Planned order created and the number displayed.
Step 11 − To go to Production order from Planned Order, use T-code: CO40.
You can navigate to Logistics → Production → Production Planning → MPS → Planned Order → Convert to Prod Ord.