- SAP Solman Tutorial
- SAP Solman - Home
- SAP Solman - Overview
- SAP Solman - Features
- SAP Solman - Work Center
- SAP Solman - Work Center Structure
- SAP Solman - Implementation
- SAP Solman - Infrastructure
- SAP Solman - Operations
- System Landscape Information
- Guided Procedure Authoring
- SAP Solman - Template Mngmt
- SAP Solman - Test Management
- SAP Solman - IT Task Management
- Change Control Management
- SAP Solman - Incident Management
- SAP Solman - Service Desk
- Business Process Operations
- Application Operations
- Maintenance Management
- SAP Solman - Upgrade Project
- SAP Solman - Root Cause Analysis
- SAP Solman - Reporting
- Consultant Responsibilities
- SAP Solman Useful Resources
- SAP Solman - Questions Answers
- SAP Solman - Quick Guide
- SAP Solman - Useful Resources
- SAP Solman - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP Solman - Incident Management
When an issue occurs in SAP system, an end user can create an incident message. Incident Management process deals with resolving incidents, raised by end users, system alerts using monitoring service or by key users. Incident, Problem and Change Management is part of IT Service Management Work Center in Solution Manager that provides central management of processes and messages.
ITSM is based on ITIL standards, and is designed to support Business Processes, Incident, Problem, Change Management, and Service Desk Operations. SAP Solution Manager provides a set of standard, predefined ITSM functions that can be set up using a guided configuration procedure.
IT Service Management is based on the integration of CRM ITSM processes and SAP Solution Manager. It provides the following functions −
- Problem management to setup an ITIL verified process.
- Extensibility with SAP CRM 7.0 Service or SAP ERP functions.
- Improved knowledge management process.
- Template Support.
- SLA Management and Escalation management.
- Improved Web user interface to manage ITSM task.
- Additional inbound channels.
- Advanced reporting features: ITSM predefined BI queries, Interactive user Dashboard.
- Integration of Application Lifecycle management to IT Service Management and Solution Manager.
- Predefined Business Roles for IT Service Management − IT Service Requester, Solution Manager Professional and IT Service Desk.
Structure of an Incident
An Incident consists of header and additional assignment blocks that can be used to provide other information. Header consists of the following fields −
- General Data
- Processing Data
- SAP Data
- Reference Objects
This is used to specify any other information in the incident.