- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between MD5 and SH1
MD5 and SH1 are hashing algorithms. MD5 is much faster than SH1
Following are the important differences between MD5 and SH1.
|1||Definition||MD5 stands for Message Digest.||SHA stands for Secure Hash Algorithm.|
|2||Supported Length||MD5 can have 128 bits length of digest message.||SHA can have 160 bits length of digest message.|
|3||Speed||MD5 is faster than SHA.||SHA is slower than MD5.|
|4||Complexity||MD5 is simple than SHA.||SHA is quiet complex than MD5.|
|5||Security||MD5 provides poor security.||SHA provides balanced security.|
|6||Crack Code||If one want to seek two messages having same identical message digest, 264 operations to be performed.||If one want to seek two messages having same identical message digest, 280 operations to be performed.|
- Difference Between MD5 and SHA1
- What is the difference between SHA and MD5 in Information Security?
- md5() function in PHP
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination
- Difference between String and StringBuffer.
- Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder.
- Difference between CPU and GPU
- Difference between TDM and FDM
- Difference between CRT and LCD
- Difference between GUI and CUI
- Difference between LAN and WAN