- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the famous cuisines of Andhra Pradesh?
Andhra Pradesh is one of the states where food is given a lot of preference and they have a large variety of cuisine. The reason for this being that the states themselves are the indigenous growers of some of the most popular spices in India. Not only that, they have a long coastline where they catch fresh seafood. Let us see some of the most popular dishes in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Gongura is known as Kenaf leaves in English. It has a unique taste to it as it tastes both bitter and sour at the same time.
Pachadi translates to pickle and this tells us that the leaves are grounded or crushed and finally made into a pickle.
This pickle is available in almost all the households in the state of Andhra Pradesh and is very frequently used in order to complement other dishes like rice and roti along with other curries as well.
A wedding meal is not complete without this famous cuisine.
This is like the remake version of a dosa just the difference is that pesarattu is made from green gram which is also known as moong dal. This is a very common breakfast item in the households of people living in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
It is typically served with ginger or tamarind chutney. Green chilies, ginger, and onions are used in variants.
Natu Kodi kura
Natu kodi directly translates to village chicken in English.
Though the chicken doesn’t have to be from the village it’s just that these are basically the male versions and they have a better taste in their meat.
Natu Kodi consists of more bones and it is very filling and when the chicken is made from the coconut and chili mix then you will have no other choice but to finish up whatever is on the plate.
The state of Andhra Pradesh has a vast coastline and they can get fresh seafood from it. Royallu Vepudu is the delicious prawns' fry.
This is a very easy dish to make and most importantly the dish always turns out to be very tasty. One of the main components for the dish to taste so nice is the usage of the fresh prawns and nothing can give you a better taste than that of fresh ingredients.
This dish is basically white rice that is mixed with a paste of tamarind.
To complement the dish a few hints of black chili or fried chili are added and also some ground nuts are added to add a bit of crunch to the dish.
This is a very easy dish to make and it very filling.
This is a compulsory dish on festival days in Andhra Pradesh, and many temples serve this as the main offering to the Deity.
- Related Articles
- What are the famous cuisines of Himachal Pradesh?
- what are the best tourist places in Andhra Pradesh?
- What are the famous cuisines of Gujarat?
- What are the famous cuisines of Delhi?
- What are the famous cuisines of Rajasthan?
- What are the famous cuisines of Assam?
- What are the famous cuisines of Telangana?
- What are the famous cuisines of Mumbai?
- What are the famous cuisines of Kerala?
- What are the famous cuisines of Punjab?
- What are the famous cuisines of Tamil Nadu?
- What are the famous cuisines of South India?
- What are the famous cuisines of North India?
- What are the famous street foods available in Himachal Pradesh?
- What are the best tourist places in Uttar Pradesh?