- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Importance of Entity-Relationship diagram in database design
Entity-Relationship Diagram views real world as entities. It introduced in 1976 by P.P.Chen and is known as ER Diagram, E R Model, etc.
The following states the importance of Entity-Relationship diagram −
Assist the Database Developer
The ER Diagram assists the design even before the construction of tables begins.
This helps the users to plan how to organize data.
ER Diagrams can work as a documentation to make others understand the core of the database.
Logic of the database
It communicates the logical structure of the database to the users.
An ER Diagram is considered as the blueprint of the database.
- Entity-Relationship Diagram
- Entity Relationship Participation in Database
- What is Entity-Relationship Modeling?
- Extended Entity-Relationship (EE-R) Model
- What is an Entity relationship model in DBMS?
- Binary Relationship in Database
- Ternary Relationship in Database
- Importance of Database Normalization
- N-ary Relationship in Database
- Database Design Methodologies
- Objectives of a good Database Design
- The benefits of good Database Design
- Major Concerns with Database Design
- Generate Database diagram within SAP
- Explain the factors influencing physical database design