- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Importance of Database Normalization
Normalization is a process to eliminate the flaws of a database with bad design. A poorly designed database is inconsistent and create issues while adding, deleting or updating information.
The following makes Database Normalization a crucial step in database design process −
Resolving the database anomalies
The forms of Normalization i.e. 1NF, 2NF, 3NF, BCF, 4NF and 5NF remove all the Insert, Update and Delete anomalies.
Insertion Anomaly occurs when you try to insert data in a record that does not exist.
Deletion Anomaly is when a data is to be deleted and due to the poor deign of database, other record also deletes.
Eliminate Redundancy of Data
Storing same data item multiple times is known as Data Redundancy. A normalized table do not have the issue of redundancy of data.
The data gets stored in the correct table and ensures normalization.
Isolation of Data
A good designed database states that the changes in one table or field do not affect other. This is achieved through Normalization.
While updating if a record is left, it can led to inconsistent data, Normalization resolves it and ensures Data Consistency.
- Database Normalization
- Importance of Entity-Relationship diagram in database design
- Explain the concept of Normalization in DBMS?
- Difference between Normalization and Denormalization
- Basics of Functional Dependencies and Normalization for Relational Databases
- Matrix Multiplication and Normalization in C program
- Importance of History
- De-normalization and Analytic views in SAP HANA
- Importance of Khaki Uniforms
- Importance of Military Uniforms
- The Importance of Branding
- Importance of HashSet in Java
- Importance and Benefits of Delegation
- Explain the importance of data.
- Explain the importance of insulators.