- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Bus Network Topology in Computer Network?
The bus network topology is also referred to as horizontal topology. This topology is very common among local area networks. In this network, every computer is linked to a single connection line or cable through an interface. Thus each computer can directly communicate with other computer or device in the network.
Each work station or node has a particular address, and to access a specific node, a user just needs to know its address. There is no concentration point in the network, and thus the problem of resolution is severe. Traffic flow among various computers in the network is relatively simple because it grants all stations to get each transmission. So a single station can broadcast to multiple stations.
This topology is shown in the figure.
The advantages of the tree network topology are as follows −
- Simple control of traffic flow
- Failure of a node does not influence the network.
The disadvantages of the tree network topology are as follows −
- If the transmission channel fails, the entire network fails.
- It is complicated to isolate faults to any one particular component tied into the bus.
- Because of the back of the concentration points, the problem resolution is challenging.
- What is Star Network Topology in Computer Network?
- What is Ring Network Topology in Computer Network?
- What is Tree Network Topology in Computer Network?
- What is MultiDrop Network Topology in Computer Network?
- What is Fully-Interconnected Network Topology?
- What is Computer Network?
- What is LAN (Local Area Network) in Computer Network?
- What is MAN (Metropolitan Area Network) in Computer Network?
- What is WAN (Wide Area Network) in Computer Network?
- What is Storage Area Network (SAN) in Computer Network?
- What is a Computer Network?
- What is Computer Network Architecture?
- What is Payload in Computer Network?
- What is multicasting in Computer Network?
- What is Broadcasting in Computer Network?