- SAP EWM Tutorial
- SAP EWM - Home
- SAP EWM - Overview
- SAP EWM - Organization Units
- SAP EWM - Master Data
- SAP EWM - Structure Elements
- SAP EWM - Work Center
- Warehouse Process Types
- Selling and Receiving Goods
- Maintaining Serial Numbers
- SAP EWM - Value Added Services
- Direct Goods Issue Process
- SAP EWM - Storage Control
- SAP EWM - Deconsolidation
- Pick, Pack, and Pass of Goods
- SAP EWM - Replenishment
- SAP EWM - Physical Inventory
- SAP EWM - Slotting
- SAP EWM - Labor Management
- SAP EWM - Production Supply
- SAP EWM - Expected Good Receipts
- SAP EWM - Cross Docking
- SAP EWM - RF Framework
- SAP EWM - Warehouse Monitoring
- Inbound and Outbound Delivery
- SAP EWM Useful Resources
- SAP EWM - Questions Answers
- SAP EWM - Quick Guide
- SAP EWM - Useful Resources
- SAP EWM - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP EWM - Value Added Services
The Value Added Services define the product processing to be performed in a warehouse and includes activities like packing, labeling, assembling, etc.
To perform interim steps in the goods issue or goods receipt, you can use storage control to perform interim steps.
In the following illustration, you can see the process flow of the Value Added Services in a warehouse function −
Value Added Services Order
This is used to inform the warehouse employees about the work that they have to do as part of the delivery and packing specifications. A VAS order is an instruction to perform value added service for one or more products and to link delivery items to the packing instructions.
A Value added services order consists of the following components −
- Order Header
- VAS activities to be performed
- Auxiliary products (Packing material, labels, oil, etc.)
A VAS order can be printed for employee use to inform what VAS activities has to be performed and on which product.
An auxiliary product posting includes use of other products like packing material, hangers, oil, etc. and quantity of these products used to perform VAS.
How to Manage Packaging Specifications?
Go to SAP Easy access → EWM → Master Data → Packaging Specification → Maintain Packaging specification.
Enter the packaging specification and perform search.
Select Packaging specification and click on Copy As.
Enter the product and click on Continue. Select new Packaging specification → Activate.
How to Confirm a VAS order and Processing of a Handling Unit?
Go to Extended Warehouse Management → Execution → Create confirmation for VAS
Enter the following details and then click on Execute.
- Warehouse #
- Work Center
- Handling Unit and click on Execute.
Go to VAS oiling tab → select the End button w/o variances in right frame on VAS Activity and Items tab.
Select Handling unit → Confirm Process step for HU.