- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to write a long line for the X-label of a scatterplot in R using ggplot2?
When we create a plot in R, the variable names are automatically plotted as axes labels but sometimes we want to give a brief detail of the X-label or a Y-label. If that brief is not small so that the expression function can contain the length of the label then it becomes difficult but it can be done with the help of atop inside expression.
Consider the below data frame −
set.seed(123) x<-rnorm(20) y<-rpois(20,2) df<-data.frame(x,y) df
x y 1 -0.56047565 1 2 -0.23017749 2 3 1.55870831 2 4 0.07050839 1 5 0.12928774 1 6 1.71506499 1 7 0.46091621 1 8 -1.26506123 2 9 -0.68685285 1 10 -0.44566197 4 11 1.22408180 0 12 0.35981383 2 13 0.40077145 3 14 0.11068272 0 15 -0.55584113 2 16 1.78691314 1 17 0.49785048 0 18 -1.96661716 3 19 0.70135590 4 20 -0.47279141 1 library(ggplot2) ggplot(df,aes(x,y))+geom_point()
Creating the plot with lengthy X-label −
ggplot(df,aes(x,y))+geom_point()+ + xlab(expression(atop("The points on the scatterplot are",paste("representing the relationship between x and y"))))
- Related Articles
- How to create regression model line in a scatterplot created by using ggplot2 in R?
- How to change the color of X-axis label using ggplot2 in R?
- How to change the default type of points for scatterplot using ggplot2 in R?
- How to reverse the X-axis labels of scatterplot created by using ggplot2 in R?
- How to change the color of points in a scatterplot using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create a line for equal values of x and y in scatterplot in R?
- How to create a scatterplot in R using ggplot2 with transparency of points?
- How to convert the X-axis label in a bar plot to italic using ggplot2 in R?
- How to change the color of points for ggplot2 scatterplot using color brewer in R?
- How to create a scatterplot with two legends using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create a scatterplot with dark points using ggplot2 in R?
- How to create a scatterplot in R using ggplot2 with different designs of points?
- How to create a scatterplot with low intensity of points using ggplot2 in R?
- How to change the color of lines for a line chart using ggplot2 in R?
- How to color scatterplot points based on a threshold using ggplot2 in R?