- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to set default text for a Tkinter Entry widget?
Tkinter Entry widget is used to print and display a single line of text taken from the user Input. It is used for many applications such as creating login forms, signup forms, and other user interaction forms.
We can set the default text for the Entry Widget using insert() function by passing the default text as the argument.
In this example, we have created an Entry widget that has a default text.
#Import the tkinter library from tkinter import * #Create an instance of tkinter frame win = Tk() #Set the geometry win.geometry("650x250") #Create an Entry Widget entry= Entry(win) entry.insert(END, 'Enter any Text') entry.pack() win.mainloop()
Running the above code will set the default text for entry widget.
- How to insert a temporary text in a tkinter Entry widget?
- How to set focus on Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to set the width of a Tkinter Entry widget in pixels?
- How to set focus for Tkinter widget?
- How to set the font size of Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to clear Text widget content while clicking on the Entry widget itself in Tkinter?
- Get contents of a Tkinter Entry widget
- How to use the Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to disable an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to set the text/value/content of an 'Entry' widget using a button in Tkinter?
- How to connect a variable to the Tkinter Entry widget?
- How to configure default Mouse Double-Click behavior in a Tkinter text widget?
- How to highlight text in a tkinter Text widget?
- Setting the focus to a specific Tkinter entry widget
- How to interactively validate an Entry widget content in tkinter?