- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to set the text/value/content of an 'Entry' widget using a button in Tkinter?
Tkinter Entry widget is used to display a single line text. Using tkinter Entry widget, we can set its value or content by triggering a button. It has mainly two types of operation: insert and delete.
Using the Tkinter Button widget, we will set the content of the Entry widget.
#Import the required libraries from tkinter import * #Create an instance of tkinter frame win= Tk() #Define a function to change the value def change_text(txt): text.delete(0,END) text.insert(0,txt) #Set the geometry of frame win.geometry("600x250") #Create an Entry Widget text= Entry(win) text.pack() #Create a button to change/set the content btn= Button(win,text="Set", command=lambda:change_text("My New Text")) btn.pack(pady=20) win.mainloop()
Running the code will display a window containing a button that will set the value or text of the entry widget.
Now click on the “Set” button to set a new value for Entry Widget.
- How to get the value of a button in the Entry widget using Tkinter?
- How to set default text for a Tkinter Entry widget?
- How to interactively validate an Entry widget content in tkinter?
- How to clear Text widget content while clicking on the Entry widget itself in Tkinter?
- How to get the value of an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to set a widget's size in Tkinter?
- Get the text of a button widget in Tkinter
- How to set the width of a Tkinter Entry widget in pixels?
- How to set the font size of Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to insert a temporary text in a tkinter Entry widget?
- How to clear the Entry widget after a button is pressed in Tkinter?
- How to disable an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to set focus on Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to change the Entry Widget Value with a Scale in Tkinter?
- How to use the Entry widget in Tkinter?