- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to use the Entry widget in Tkinter?
The Entry widget is a single-line text widget defined in Tcl/Tk toolkit. We can use the Entry widget to accept and display single-line user input.
In order to use the Entry widget, you have to first create an Entry widget using the constructor Entry(parent, width, **options). Once we've defined our Entry widget, we can configure its properties such as font-properties, color, width, etc., using the configure() method.
Let use create an Entry widget to accept the username and display it in the window.
# Import the required libraries from tkinter import * # Create an instance of tkinter frame or window win = Tk() # Set the size of the tkinter window win.geometry("700x350") def show_name(): # Create a Label widget label = Label(win, text="Hello " + str(entry.get()) + "👋", font=('Calibri 25')).pack(pady=20) entry.delete(0, END) # Create a Label Label(win, text="Enter Your Name").pack() # Create an Entry widget entry = Entry(win, width=25) entry.pack(pady=20) Button(win, text="Submit", command=show_name).pack() win.mainloop()
When you run the above code, it will display a window with an Entry widget and a button. Type your name in the given Entry widget and click the button to show the message on the window.
- How to disable an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to use a StringVar object in an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to connect a variable to the Tkinter Entry widget?
- Getting the Cursor position in Tkinter Entry widget
- How to set focus on Entry widget in Tkinter?
- Return the input of the Entry widget in Tkinter
- Setting the focus to a specific Tkinter entry widget
- How to get the value of an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to set the font size of Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to interactively validate an Entry widget content in tkinter?
- How to clear Text widget content while clicking on the Entry widget itself in Tkinter?
- Get contents of a Tkinter Entry widget
- How to insert the current time in an Entry Widget in Tkinter?
- How to set the width of a Tkinter Entry widget in pixels?
- How to change the Entry Widget Value with a Scale in Tkinter?