- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to connect a variable to the Tkinter Entry widget?
Tkinter Entry widget is an Input widget that supports and accepts single-line user input. It accepts all types of characters in UTF-8 module. In order to get the input from the Entry widget, we have to define a variable (based on Data Types it accepts) that accepts only string characters. Then, by using get() method, we can print the given input from the Entry widget.
# Import the Tkinter Library from tkinter import * # Create an instance of Tkinter Frame win = Tk() # Set the geometry of window win.geometry("700x250") # Define a String Variable var = StringVar() # Define a function to print the Entry widget Input def printinput(*args): print(var.get()) # Create an Entry widget entry = Entry(win, width=35, textvariable=var) entry.pack() # Trace the Input from Entry widget var.trace("w", printinput) win.mainloop()
Running the above code will display a window with an Entry widget.
When we write something in the Entry widget, it will just print out all the characters from the Entry widget on the console.
H He Hel Hell Hello Hello Hello W Hello Wo Hello Wor Hello Worl Hello World Hello World!
- How to use the Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to disable an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- Setting the focus to a specific Tkinter entry widget
- How to set default text for a Tkinter Entry widget?
- How to set focus on Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to insert a temporary text in a tkinter Entry widget?
- How to set the width of a Tkinter Entry widget in pixels?
- How to change the Entry Widget Value with a Scale in Tkinter?
- How to get the value of an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to set the font size of Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to interactively validate an Entry widget content in tkinter?
- How to clear the Entry widget after a button is pressed in Tkinter?
- How to clear Text widget content while clicking on the Entry widget itself in Tkinter?
- Get contents of a Tkinter Entry widget
- How to use a StringVar object in an Entry widget in Tkinter?