- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Get contents of a Tkinter Entry widget
An Entry widget is a basic one-line character widget that supports only single-line text input. An Entry widget can be defined by initializing the Entry(parent, width) constructor.
To validate the Entry widget, we can use the get() method which results in the character entered in the Entry widget.
Let us define an Entry widget that accepts single-line text input, and we will print the character that is input in the Entry widget.
#Import the required Libraries from tkinter import * from tkinter import ttk #Create an instance of Tkinter frame win = Tk() #Set the geometry of Tkinter frame win.geometry("750x250") def get_content(): #Get the content of Entry Widget print(entry.get()) #Create an entry widget entry= Entry(win, width= 40) entry.pack(pady= 20) #Create a button to validate the entry widget button= ttk.Button(win, text= "Get Content", command= get_content) button.pack(pady=10) win.mainloop()
Running the above code will display a window that will contain an Entry widget and a button to get the content of the Entry widget.
Now click the "Get Content" Button to print the Content of Entry Widget. Once we click the Button, it will print the output as,
- How to get the value of an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to clear the contents of a Tkinter Text widget?
- How to get the value of a button in the Entry widget using Tkinter?
- Return the input of the Entry widget in Tkinter
- Setting the focus to a specific Tkinter entry widget
- How to use the Entry widget in Tkinter?
- Getting the Cursor position in Tkinter Entry widget
- How to disable an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How do I get an event callback when a Tkinter Entry widget is modified?
- How to set default text for a Tkinter Entry widget?
- How to connect a variable to the Tkinter Entry widget?
- How to set the width of a Tkinter Entry widget in pixels?
- How to insert a temporary text in a tkinter Entry widget?
- How to set focus on Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to set the font size of Entry widget in Tkinter?