- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to Block Pop-Ups on Google Chrome?
Pop-up Ads can be pretty annoying while browsing the Internet. Apart from that, cybercriminals can exploit pop-ups by infecting them with malware so that when users click on them, the malware can infiltrate their device easily.
It is better to block these annoying and malicious pop-ups instead. Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers on the internet. Its users are most affected by the pop-up viruses. If you are a Google Chrome browser user, this post will guide you on how to block pop-ups on your browser.
Block Pop-Ups on Google Chrome Windows/macOS/Linux
For Windows, macOS, and Linux users, here is the procedure to block pop-ups on your Chrome Browser −
Launch Chrome browser on your above-mentioned device.
Click on the three dots at the top right corner
From the menu, select Settings
Scroll down and click on Advanced to open advanced settings.
Under Privacy and security, choose Site Settings.
Scroll down, and under Content, click on Pop-ups and redirects.
Toggle the switch OFF if it is ON to block the pop-ups on your browser.
If you don't want to block pop-ups on all sites, you can click on Add next to Block to add sites in the block list.
You can also add websites to Allow them to show pop-ups.
Block Pop-Ups on Google Chrome Android
Pop-ups are more annoying on smartphones because they acquire maximum space on the small smartphone screen. Follow these steps to remove them from Android smartphones −
Open the Chrome browser application on your Android device.
On the top-right corner, tap on the three dots icon.
Navigate to Settings -> Site settings
Tap on Pop-ups and toggle the button to switch it OFF and block pop-ups.
Block Pop-Ups on iPhone
To block pop-ups on your iPhone devices, follow these steps −
Open Chrome application on your iPhone
Tap on the three dots icon at the top-right corner.
Navigate to Settings -> Content settings
Tap on Block pop-ups
Toggle the switch to turn it OFF and block pop-ups.
- How to create Message Pop-Ups with Java?
- Ok google a google voice search on chrome beta
- How to Block Ads in Android Chrome?
- How to Install Google Chrome in Ubuntu
- How to set Google Chrome in WebDriver?
- How to use Google Chrome Virus Scanner?
- Is it possible to handle Windows based pop-ups in Selenium?
- How to Remove YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED Fake Microsoft Warning Pop Ups?
- How to create input Pop-Ups (Dialog) and get input from user in Java?
- Top Keyboard Shortcuts for Google Chrome
- Coolnovo a web browser similar to google chrome