- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to Add Video to your Facebook Comment?
How many times we are out of words and think just a simple caption or picture could say it all. Just when we were getting used to using these images instead of words we became greedier and now we wished for videos, that would suit perfectly to our situation.
Well, the good news is recently Facebook has launched a new feature which allows users to upload a video as a comment.
Previously this feature could only be enjoyed by 10 partners Anvato, Brightcove, Fullscreen, Grabyo, Kaltura, Now This, SocialFlow, SpreadFast, Vimond and Whipchip.
Now, this feature can be enjoyed by Facebook’s iOS and Android app users along with its regular site.
Along with this, some more new features have been included in facebook.
They are –
- A feature that limits audience of a video by age, gender and location.
- Increased video size limit uploads up to 1.5 GB
- Directly publishing to a page without sharing in the news feed.
- Enabling custom thumbnails for videos.
- Faster uploads.
Coming back to the point, you can add a video just by copying the link of the video you want to post on anyone’s post or system update. When you add a link in a comment you get an expanded view which includes a thumbnail preview linked with the website or the video can be seen indirectly in the comment itself.
How to Upload a Video on Facebook
Uploading a video is a great way of sharing happy moments with all your near and dear ones or sharing anything you like. You can easily upload a video either by facebook desktop website or the mobile app. You can also select the audience for your video. However, Facebook mobile site does not give this option.
Follow the below steps to upload a video as a comment in Facebook –
- Go the URL of the video or song you would like to upload.
- Now copy this particular URL from the website and go the “write a comment”.
- You can directly paste this link into the comment box.
- Once you are done click on “Post comment”.
- Finally, your video or song has been uploaded as video into your comment section.
Now if you want to upload a video from your computer and not any other website then it can be done by the following steps:
- Click on “Post Comment” and click on the camera image.
- Then you can browse on the video you want to upload.
- Click on that particular video and wait for some time.
- Finally, after the video has been embedded click on “post” option.
Uploading a video as comment is the latest trend in Facebook. However while embedding a video in facebook there are certain points which should be taken care of. Some of them are mentioned below, these are:
- Select a video that fits the size requirements: You can only upload a video up to 4GB in size and up to 120 minutes in length. So in case if your video is not uploading then make sure that your video fulfils these requirements before uploading.
- Proper format of the video: Some of the common video formats that facebook allows are AVI, MOV, MP4, and MKV. So, if your video is in any other format then you won’t be able to upload it. So first convert your video into any of these formats and then upload it.
- Strong connection: If your network connection is too weak then you may have problems in uploading the video. Try uploading when you use 3g network or when connected with Wi-Fi with a strong connection.
One more thing uploading a video takes longer time than downloading it. So, have little patience if you do it the right way, very soon your video will be uploaded as your comment.
You can preview uploaded videos. When you enter the full URL in the comment box, it shows video’s title along with the original video sharing website/platform and a graphic play button. This is done by imaging that the original website has marked up the page properly.
Even if you simply copy paste the new Facebook link, it will take you to the same video and will play the same video which was uploaded in the comment in the very first place. In case if you don’t want your video to playback right within the comment then either you or the admin of that Facebook page can click on the “Remove Preview” link right in the same comment.
Not just videos but you can easily upload links, pictures and even summary of the web-sites into comments or updates that has been posted on your wall or a friend’s Facebook wall. These features are simply so exciting that one can’t get over it.
You won’t see the video while uploading it,before publishing it as a comment. Facebook will automatically pull the correct embed and format it correctly with the comments. You can preview the video once it has been posted, infact it’s your choice to remove the media and leave the link.
The basic idea behind introducing this new feature was to make conversations more interesting and involving in Facebook. This also maintains users attention if Facebook as they won’t be diverted to any other unknown media or websites.
Apart from this, videos can also help the Facebook users to make informed decisions regarding their desire to navigate away from Facebook to read or watch that video in a different website or continue watching it while browsing Facebook itself.
Not to forget, the more time a user spends in Facebook, the more that Facebook earns from it. So, the users are always excited to explore more as well as a great business deal for Facebook. It’s an ideal scenario for the creators and the users.
Today, we connect with each other through Facebook more than we actually meeting near ones. These new features are giving more new reason to stick with Facebook and use it more and more. Infact we can miss our breakfast but not checking Facebook.
- Related Articles
- Facebook introduces video as your profile pic!
- How to add a YouTube Video to your Website?
- How to add comment to chart in Excel?
- How to add hyperlink to comment in Excel?
- How to add Hashtags to your YouTube video on the mobile YouTube app
- How to make your Facebook account hackproof?
- Edit, Facebook Look Back Video to Share Stuffs
- How to add video chapters in YouTube video description
- How to add comment to column in MySQL using Python?
- How to add YouTube video to Google slides?
- How to add video in HTML page?
- How to Auto Add Date and Time to Comment in Excel?
- How to Add Custom Thumbnails to a YouTube Video?
- How to add game titles to Published YouTube video?
- How to Add Subscribe Button on YouTube Video?