- Add and Subtract Whole Numbers
- Single Digit Addition
- Addition of 3 or More Single Digit Nnumbers
- Addition of Two 2-digit Numbers Without Carry
- Adding 2-digit Numbers and Single Digit Numbers
- Addition of Two 2-digit Numbers With Carry
- Addition With Carry to the Hundreds Place
- Addition of 2-digit, 3-digit and 4-digit Numbers
- Subtracting a Number From a 2-digit Number
- Subtraction of Two 2-digit Numbers Without Borrowing
- Subtraction of Two 2-digit Numbers With Borrowing
- Subtraction with Multiple Regrouping Steps
- Subtraction and Regrouping With Zeros
- Fact Families for Addition and Subtraction
- Addition or Subtraction of Whole Numbers (Word problems)
- Increasing or Decreasing Pattern from a Table of Values
Subtraction and Regrouping with Zeros
Subtract 6804 − 2547
Align the numbers vertically.
Since 4 is less than 7, we need to regroup in the ones place. We cannot borrow from zero, so we need to regroup in tens place as well. We regroup 8 to get 7 in hundreds place and ten in tens place.
We regroup again to get 9 in tens place and fourteen in ones place. We then subtract 7 from 14, 4 from 9, 5 from 7 and 2 from 6 to complete the subtraction.
Subtract 7059 – 886
Align the numbers vertically
In ones column subtract 6 from 9 to get 3.
In the tens column 8 is bigger than 5, so we need to regroup and borrow.
We cannot borrow from zero in hundreds place. So we borrow from 7 in thousands place. We cross out 7 and write 6 and put 1 beside 0 to make it ten.
To subtract 8 from 5 in tens column, we borrow from left. Cross out 10 and write 9 and put 1 beside 5 to make it 15. Then subtract 15 – 8 = 7.
Now subtract 8 from 9 in hundreds column and bring down 6 in thousands column to get final answer as 6173.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started