- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is SAP ABAP?
ABAP stands for Advanced Business Application Programming. It is one of the primary programming languages used for developing programs and applications for SAP R/3 systems and its related modules. It is a high-level language with respect to SAP as it is understood and known only to SAP environment.
The latest version of ABAP which is ABAP Objects follows Object Oriented paradigm. Also, it is fully backward compatible with applications written in previous versions of ABAP whether it is ABAP/4 or other which were highly impressed by COBOL.
Being an Object Oriented Programming language it fully supports features like inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation, and others.
ABAP serves as an abstracted layer over the database and runs on top of different underlying databases.
From a specialized viewpoint, one majorly performs execution and tuning of the WORK PROCESSES in the SAP framework here, building client profiles and also, doing the fundamental interfacing between the Operating systems and the Oracle Database.
- What is ABAP? Explain ABAP OOP feature in detail?
- Negation logic in SAP ABAP
- Using logarithm in SAP ABAP
- Declare dynamically in SAP ABAP
- What should I install to start learning SAP ABAP?
- Retrieving ABAP BAdi from SAP BW
- Sort Datetime Type in SAP ABAP
- Distinguish SAP ABAP code between clients
- Properties of SAP ABAP Development Objects
- Learning about SAP ABAP CDS views
- Equivalent for Row_Number() in SAP ABAP
- Create database view in SAP ABAP
- Hiding SAP ABAP table control column
- Getting unauthorized exception in SAP ABAP
- Information for obsolete functions in SAP ABAP