- SAP PM Tutorial
- SAP PM - Home
- SAP PM - Overview
- SAP PM - Technical Objects
- SAP PM - Equipment Master Record
- Functions of Technical Objects
- SAP PM - Creating Multilingual Text
- SAP PM - Breakdown Maintenance
- SAP PM - Corrective Maintenance
- SAP PM - Creating/Planning MO
- SAP PM - Preventive Maintenance
- SAP PM - Maintenance Planning
- Project Oriented Maintenance
- SAP PM - Refurbishment Process
- SAP PM - Warranty Claim Processing
- Mobile Applications For EAM
- Work Clearance Management
- SAP PM - Information System
- Cross Application Time Sheet
- SAP PM - Single & Composite Roles
- SAP PM Useful Resources
- SAP PM - Questions Answers
- SAP PM - Quick Guide
- SAP PM - Useful Resources
- SAP PM - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP PM - Corrective Maintenance
Corrective maintenance contains all the process steps involved in preventive maintenance and regular maintenance process. Corrective maintenance involves the following steps under Plant Maintenance −
- The plant maintenance user enters a notification in SAP System to request maintenance and to repair defective equipment.
- The maintenance planner creates, plans, and schedules a maintenance work order in the system.
- The work order is received by the technician.
- An authorized person in the PM system approves and completes the work as per the work order.
Corrective Maintenance & Preventive Maintenance
In Preventive Maintenance, routine checks are performed according to the company’s maintenance strategy to ensure that machines are running as per the required parameters. In SAP PM, using routine maintenance plans you can create a preventive work order.
In Corrective Maintenance, you correct a malfunction or a machine failure by raising a notification in the system. The work order is received by the technician who enters the information. An authorized person in the PM system approves and completes the work as per the work order.
In certain scenarios, a corrective work order is created as a result of preventive work order. When a routine checkup is performed, the technician finds a failure or a malfunction in the operating machine and a corrective work order is created to clear the fault.
Note − In SAP system, PM01 is the order type to perform Corrective maintenance and PM03 is to perform Preventive maintenance.
Corrective Maintenance & Breakdown Maintenance
You perform Corrective Maintenance to improve the working condition of the machine. It is performed when a malfunction is detected and the machine is not operating properly as per the designated function.
Breakdown Maintenance is carried out when your equipment has a breakdown and is not working. In Breakdown maintenance, production is affected. In SAP system, PM02 order type is used to perform Breakdown Maintenance.