- SAP PM Tutorial
- SAP PM - Home
- SAP PM - Overview
- SAP PM - Technical Objects
- SAP PM - Equipment Master Record
- Functions of Technical Objects
- SAP PM - Creating Multilingual Text
- SAP PM - Breakdown Maintenance
- SAP PM - Corrective Maintenance
- SAP PM - Creating/Planning MO
- SAP PM - Preventive Maintenance
- SAP PM - Maintenance Planning
- Project Oriented Maintenance
- SAP PM - Refurbishment Process
- SAP PM - Warranty Claim Processing
- Mobile Applications For EAM
- Work Clearance Management
- SAP PM - Information System
- Cross Application Time Sheet
- SAP PM - Single & Composite Roles
- SAP PM Useful Resources
- SAP PM - Questions Answers
- SAP PM - Quick Guide
- SAP PM - Useful Resources
- SAP PM - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP PM - Warranty Claim Processing
Warranty claim processing function in Plant Maintenance is used to handle large number of claims automatically. This module is developed to meet the needs of vendors, suppliers, and manufacturers for all type of products. Warranty claim processing is a complex process because of the length of the service, the age of the product or to perform different checks in claim processing.
Warranty claim processing component is closely integrated with Material Management, Sales and distribution, Customer Service, and other processes of Plant Maintenance.
Customizing for Warranty Processing, use T-Code − OWTY
You can perform various customizing operations in SAP system for Warranty Claim Processing.
Other Transaction Codes
|IE01, IE02, IE03||Create, change, and display equipment|
|IL01, IL02, IL03||Create, change, and display functional location|
|IB51, IB52, IB53||Create, change, and display installed base|
|IQ01, IQ02, IQ03||Create, change, and display serial number|
|CT04||Create, change, and display warranty counter/characteristics|
|BGM1, BGM2, BGM3||Create, change, and display master warranty|
|IK01, IK02, IK03||Create, change, and display measuring point|
|IK11, IK12, IK13||Create, change, and display measurement document|
|Warranty Claim Processing|
|WTY||Create, change, and display warranty claim|
|WTYSE||Find warranty claims|
|WTYAUT||Create, change, and display authorization|
|WTYRCL||Create, change, and display recall|
|WTYRP||Change the status of parts to be returned|
|WTYCL||Create credit memo list|
|WTY_ARCHIV||Display archived warranty claims|
To create a Warranty Claim, use T-Code − WTY
You can select from different Warranty Claim Types.
When you click on Claim, you will be prompted to select different values. Select Claim Header, Processing Status, etc. You can select multiple objects to search a claim.
In the Processing status, you can select from different values.
You can also add new fields to perform a search. Click the New Field Selection.
A warranty claim comprises a header and one or more versions of a claim and all these claims belong to different claim types. You create the version in the system manually by copying the existing data or by transferring the data via EDI.
Different warranty checks are possible and they are performed automatically by the system. Following results are possible −
- 00 shows a valid warranty and positive check result.
- 03 shows an invalid warranty and negative check result.
- 01 shows no warranty check possible since the required measuring point is missing in the warranty claim.
- 02 shows no warranty check possible since the required measurement document is missing in the system.
- 04 shows the warranty check date is before the warranty start date.
- 05 shows the warranty check date is after the warranty end date.
- 06 shows the warranty object contains two measuring points with the same warranty counter.
- 99 shows the negative check result. However, it shows a positive check result for the check on the superior/higher-level object.