- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between BorgBase and pCloud?
Let us understand the concepts of BorgBase and pCloud before learning the differences between them.
It is a secure tool which is used for offsite backups and acts as a specialized hosting service for Borgbackup. It was launched in the year 2010 by Borge Collective. It can back up any sensitive data which the users can use and are then kept encrypted at all times. Users have the option of choosing the data centers between the EU and North America as the backup location of their sensitive data.
The features of BorgBase are as follows −
- Copy-paste commands
- Templates for Borg and Borg-backed clients.
- Supports a large community of developers.
- Monitoring services to notify services.
- Automated Storage.
- Efficiently transfer data.
- Secure Data Storage
- Incremental Backup
The advantages of BorgBase are as follows −
- It supports freelancer, small, medium and large businesses.
- Cloud Storage
- Automated Storage
- Compression Option
- Web Access
The disadvantages of BorgBase are as follows −
- It is not mobile compatible.
- Backup scheduling is not possible
- Remote access is not there
It is a personal cloud space where we can store our files and folders. It has a user-friendly interface. The software is available for any devices and platforms like iOS and Android devices, MacOSX, Windows OS, and all Linux distributions.
By installing pCloud on our computer system the application creates a secure virtual drive that expands our local storage space.
Every change that we can make in our pCloud is seen immediately on our system, phone or tablet. All our devices are instantly synchronized and we have direct file access to any update that we do. The cloud storage solution offers web extensions for Google Chrome and Firefox.
The features of pCloud are as follows −
- Lifetime Subscription
- pCloud Crypto
- Access on all devices
- Share and collaborate
- Unbreakable security
- Collaboration Tools
- Access Controls or Permissions
- Document Management
- Search or Filter
- File Sharing
- Document Storage
- Drag & Drop
- Unlimited Upload and Download Speed
The advantages of pCloud are as follows −
- With PCloud’s rewind system we never lose a file ever again
- Protects sensitive files
- Convenient File Management
- Easily stores the files from other online platforms.
- User friendly mobile App
- Easy access to the files
- Easy to set up.
The disadvantages of pCloud are as follows −
- Syncing can be a problem with pCloud
- It is taking a long time for Desktop synchronization.
- It requires good internet connection.
The major differences between pCloud and BorgBase are as follows −
|pCloud was launched in the year 2013 by pCloud AG.||BorgBase was launched in the year 2010 by Borg collective.|
|pCloud offers 10 GB free storage space.||BorgBase offers 5 GB free storage space.|
|pCloud offers 2 TB storage size.||BorgBase provides unlimited maximum storage space.|
|pCloud maximum file size is unlimited.||BorgBase maximum file size is not restricted.|
|pCloud supports file versioning.||BorgBase does not support file versioning.|
|pCloud does not have a band-width limit.||BorgBase is used across the world.|
|pCloud does not provide append-only support.||BorgBase provides append-only support.|
|pCloud provides file sharing, cloud storage service and backup service.||BorgBase is a file hosting and cloud storage service.|
|pCloud is supported by all operating system||BorgBase is supported by the Unix operating system.|
|pCloud provides client side encryption||BorgBase does not provide client side encryption.|
- Related Articles
- What are the differences between BorgBase and SugarSync?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and SecureSafe?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Wuala?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and BorgBase?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Zetta?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Tresorit?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and TitanFile?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and pCloud?
- What are the differences between Mega and pCloud?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and pCloud?