- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between BorgBase and ZumoDrive?
Let us understand the concepts of BorgBase and Zumodrive before learning the differences between them.
It is a secure tool which is used for offsite backups and acts as a specialized hosting service for Borgbackup. It was launched in the year 2010 by Borge Collective. It can back up any sensitive data which the users can use and are then kept encrypted at all times. Users have the option of choosing the data centers between the EU and North America as the backup location of their sensitive data.
The features of BorgBase are as follows −
- Copy-paste commands
- Templates for Borg and Borg-backed clients.
- Supports a large community of developers.
- Monitoring services to notify services.
- Automated Storage.
- Efficiently transfer data.
- Secure Data Storage
- Incremental Backup
The advantages of BorgBase are as follows −
- It supports freelancer, small, medium and large businesses.
- Cloud Storage
- Automated Storage
- Compression Option
- Web Access
The disadvantages of BorgBase are as follows −
- It is not mobile compatible.
- Backup scheduling is not possible
- Remote access is not there
It was owned by Zecter in the year 2009 and is the hybrid cloud storage which is used to store all your media. It is supported by Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, webOS operating system.
It is designed to connect to the Internet and adds a Windows Firewall. When we install it, it will add a context menu handler to the Windows shell in order to provide quick access to the program.
zumodrive.exe is an executable program which has seen to consume an average CPU of less than one percent, and utilizes about 44.63 MB of memory.
The users can store and sync files online in ZumoDrive, and also between computers using their Hybrid Cloud storage solution. It is extraordinarily simple to use, transparent when it comes to your device experience, and equally functional on whichever platforms your various devices may run on.
The features of Zumodrive are as follows −
- Share files and folders.
- Scheduled backup
- File protection
- Sync Folder
- Scheduled Backup.
- Resumes after Interruption.
- Incremental Backup.
The advantages of Zumodrive are as follows −
- Cloud storage of ZumoDrive works like a regular hard drive on your computer
- It has Automatic Sync
- ZumoDrive is Safe and Secure
The disadvantages of Zumodrive are as follows −
- Large storage plans are expensive
- We will lose data and files if we delete our cache files on the computer.
- We have to go through the entire import process again to update iTunes, if we add new music files to ZumoDrive.
The major differences between BorgBase and ZumoDrive are as follows −
|BorgBase was launched in the year 2010 by Borg collective.||It was owned by Zecter Incorporation in the year 2009|
|BorgBase offers 5 GB free storage space.||ZumoDrive offers 2 GB free storage space.|
|BorgBase provides unlimited maximum storage space.||Maximum storage size offered was 500 GB in ZumoDrive.|
|BorgBase maximum file size is not restricted.||Maximum file had no limit in ZumoDrive|
|BorgBase is supported by the Unix operating system.||ZumoDrive is supported by Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS and Palm webOS operating systems.|
|BorgBase is still in use.||ZumoDrive was suspended in 2012.|
|BorgBase provides file hosting and cloud storage service.||ZumoDrive provides file hosting service and file synchronization service.|
|BorgBase does not use delta encoding technology.||ZumoDrive uses delta encoding technology.|
|BorgBase has append-only support||Does not provide append-only support.|
- What are the differences between BorgBase and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and SecureSafe?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Wuala?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and BorgBase?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Zetta?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Tresorit?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and TitanFile?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and SugarSync?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and pCloud?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between ZumoDrive and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between Mega and ZumoDrive?