- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between OneDrive and BorgBase?
Let us understand the concepts of OneDrive and BorgBase before learning the differences between them.
OneDrive is a Microsoft cloud service which connects all your files. It helps us to store and protect our files, share them with others and we can access them from anywhere. It is a file hosting service available in 107 languages.
It was launched in 2007 by Microsoft as a web version of office. It offers 5GB of storage space for free and a paid version offers a space of 100 GB, 1 TB, and 6 TB available either separately or with Office 365 subscriptions.
The features of OneDrive are as follows −
- Larger sized documents can be shared
- It has access control and permission management features.
- It is a cost effective software and also reliable with content management
- Syncing your data files to your OneDrive app
- Resolved syncing issue
- Sharing files with others
The advantages of OneDrive are as follows −
- One drive is an affordable service
- It provides a large amount of storage for very less.
- Access with mobile and desktop which makes it very convenient
- Remote Access and File sharing concept
The disadvantages of OneDrive are as follows −
- Its integrations into other operating systems,
- Uploading a file with a larger size takes time.
- Document management is slightly difficult
- Syncing issues can occur.
- User interface could be improved.
- OneDrive email app can focus more on spam filtering.
It is a secure tool which is used for offsite backups and acts as a specialized hosting service for Borgbackup. It was launched in the year 2010 by Borge Collective. It can back up any sensitive data which the users can use and are then kept encrypted at all times. Users have the option of choosing the data centers between the EU and North America as the backup location of their sensitive data.
The features of BorgBase are as follows −
- Copy-paste commands
- Templates for Borg and Borg-backed clients.
- Supports a large community of developers.
- Monitoring services to notify services.
- Automated Storage.
- Efficiently transfer data.
- Secure Data Storage
- Incremental Backup
The advantages of BorgBase are as follows −
- It supports freelancer, small, medium and large business.
- Cloud Storage
- Automated Storage
- Compression Option
- Web Access
The disadvantages of BorgBase are as follows −
- It is not mobile compatible.
- Backup scheduling is not possible
- Remote access is not there
The major differences between BorgBase and OneDrive are as follows −
|BorgBase was launched in the year 2010 by Borg collective.||OneDrive was launched by Microsoft in the year 2007.|
|BorgBase offers 5 GB free storage space.||OneDrive offers 5 GB free storage space.|
|BorgBase provides unlimited maximum storage space.||OneDrive provides 5 TB maximum storage space for the paid version.|
|BorgBase maximum file size is not restricted.||OneDrive provides a maximum file size of 100 GB.|
|BorgBase supports file versioning.||One Drive supports file versioning for professional use only.|
|BorgBase has less security of data.||One Drive provides full security|
|BorgBase is designed for Unix-like operating systems.||One Drive designed for all operating systems.|
|BorgBase is less costly.||One Drive is more costly.|
- What are the differences between OneDrive and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and SugarSync?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Zetta?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Wuala?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and pCloud?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Tresorit?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and TitanFile?
- What are differences between OneDrive and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and SugarSync?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and pCloud?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and ZumoDrive?