- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between BorgBase and Wuala?
Let us understand the concepts of BorgBase and Wuala before learning the differences between them.
It is a secure tool which is used for offsite backups and acts as a specialized hosting service for Borgbackup. It was launched in the year 2010 by Borge Collective. It can back up any sensitive data which the users can use and are then kept encrypted at all times. Users have the option of choosing the data centers between the EU and North America as the backup location of their sensitive data.
The features of BorgBase are as follows −
- Copy-paste commands
- Templates for Borg and Borg-backed clients.
- Supports a large community of developers.
- Monitoring services to notify services.
- Automated Storage.
- Efficiently transfer data.
- Secure Data Storage
- Incremental Backup
The advantages of BorgBase are as follows −
- It supports freelancer, small, medium and large businesses.
- Cloud Storage
- Automated Storage
- Compression Option
- Web Access
The disadvantages of BorgBase are as follows −
- It is not mobile compatible.
- Backup scheduling is not possible
- Remote access is not there
It is a secure online file storage, file synchronization, versioning and backup service provided by Caleido Inc and developed by Dominik Grolimund and Luzius Meisserin.
It was developed using Java, offered 5 GB free storage space and was launched in 2008. But in the year 2015, Wuala announced that they are discontinuing its service and all stored data would be deleted on 15 November 2015.
Wuala is a secure cloud storage service that enables users to store, encrypt, sync, backup, and access their files online.
The features of Wuala are as follows −
- Keep files private
- Share files with other registered and unregistered users
- Publish files
- File synchronization
- File versioning
The advantages of Wuala are as follows −
- More space is available in Wuala
- The uploads automatically encrypted
- Bandwidth can adjust
- Supports mobile devices
The disadvantages of Wuala are as follows −
- It will be slow at any time
- It is an operating system dependent
- It requires a separate program to work with files.
The major differences between BorgBase and Wuala are as follows −
|BorgBase was launched in the year 2010 by Borg collective.||Wuala is owned by Caleido Incorporation later by Seagate Technology in the year 2008.|
|BorgBase offers 5 GB free storage space.||Wuala offers 5 GB free storage space.|
|BorgBase provides unlimited maximum storage space.||The Maximum storage capacity is 2TB|
|BorgBase maximum file size is not restricted.||Wuala Maximum file size is 10|
|BorgBase does not have a referral system for additional free storage.||Initially, it had a referral system but later on it became unavailable.|
|BorgBase is still in use||Wuala was suspended in the year 2015.|
|BorgBase supports file versioning.||Wuala supports file versioning.|
|BorgBase supports append only||Wuala does not support append only.|
- What are the differences between BorgBase and SugarSync?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and pCloud?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and SecureSafe?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and BorgBase?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Zetta?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Tresorit?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and TitanFile?
- What are the differences between Mega and Wuala?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Wuala?
- What are the differences between iCloud and Wuala?