- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between BorgBase and RapidShare?
Let us understand the concepts of BorgeBase and Rapidshare before learning the differences between them.
It is a secure tool which is used for offsite backups and acts as a specialized hosting service for Borgbackup. It was launched in the year 2010 by Borge Collective. It can back up any sensitive data which the users can use and are then kept encrypted at all times. Users have the option of choosing the data centers between the EU and North America as the backup location of their sensitive data.
The features of BorgBase are as follows −
- Copy-paste commands
- Templates for Borg and Borg-backed clients.
- Supports a large community of developers.
- Monitoring services to notify services.
- Automated Storage.
- Efficiently transfer data.
- Secure Data Storage
- Incremental Backup
The advantages of BorgBase are as follows −
- It supports freelancer, small, medium and large businesses.
- Cloud Storage
- Automated Storage
- Compression Option
- Web Access
The disadvantages of BorgBase are as follows −
- It is not mobile compatible.
- Backup scheduling is not possible
- Remote access is not there
RapidShare is an online file hosting service started in the year 2002 by Christian Schmid and dissolved in the year 2015.
The features of RapidShare are as follows −
It is an online file storage service that helps to upload multiple files and generate a private download links
With the help of the link we can share the content to anyone
Uploading files to Rapidshare is easy just select the file and click the “Upload” button
We can also use the Flash-based upload manager that allows us to upload up to three files at a time.
The size limit for RapidShare files is 500 MB, but we can split up larger archives if necessary.
The free account has some limitations like files can only be downloaded 10 times and the RapidShare links are erased after 60 days of inactivity.
The RapidShare Premium account is much faster.
The sign up for RapidShare is free and helps us to manage files in an organized way.
The advantages of RapidShare are as follows −
- Easy to use
- It is fast and efficient file storage.
- It has a Flash uploader.
The disadvantage is that there are certain limitations in free accounts.
The major differences between BorgBase and RapidShare are as follows −
|BorgBase was launched in the year 2010 by Borg collective.||RapidShare was launched in the year 2001 by Christian Schmid.|
|BorgBase offers 5 GB free storage space.||RapidShare offers limited storage for free.|
|BorgBase provides unlimited maximum storage space.||RapidShare is offering limited storage space for paid accounts.|
|BorgBase maximum file size is not restricted.||RapidShare's maximum size per file is 500 MB.|
|BorgBase has no band-width limit.||RapidShare band-width is limited based on paid plans.|
|BorgBase is supported by the Unix operating system.||RapidShare is designed for all operating systems.|
|BorgBase is still in use.||RapidShare service was suspended in 2015.|
|BorgBase provides file hosting and cloud storage service.||RapidShare provides file hosting service and online backup service.|
|BorgBase files can be downloaded multiple times.||For free accounts the RapidShare is offering that files can be downloaded only 10 times.|
|BorgBase has append-only support||It did not have to append only support.|
- What are the differences between BorgBase and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and SecureSafe?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Wuala?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and BorgBase?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Zetta?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Tresorit?
- What are the differences between iCloud and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between Jumpshare and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between Mega and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between ShareFile and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between Wuala and RapidShare?