- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Setting the focus to a specific Tkinter entry widget
Tkinter has many universal methods that add functionalities to widgets and elements. In order to set the focus to a particular widget, we have the focus_set() method which is used to focus a specific widget in a group of widgets present in an application.
In this example, we have created numeric keys in the range 0-9. We have set the focus for Numeric key ‘2’.
#Import the required libraries from tkinter import * import webbrowser #Create an instance of tkinter frame win = Tk() win.geometry("750x400") #Define function for different operations def close(): win.destroy() #Create a Label widget text=Label(win, text="", font=('Helvetica bold ',25)) text.place(x= 110, y= 50,) #Create Button widgets b1=Button(win, text= "1") b1.place(x=220, y=20) b2=Button(win, text= "2") b2.place(x=250, y=20) b3=Button(win, text= "3") b3.place(x=280, y=20) b4=Button(win, text= "4") b4.place(x=220, y=50) b5=Button(win, text= "5") b5.place(x=250, y=50) b6=Button(win, text= "6") b6.place(x=280, y=50) b7=Button(win, text= "7") b7.place(x=280, y=80) b8=Button(win, text= "8") b8.place(x=250, y=80) b9=Button(win, text= "9") b9.place(x=280, y=80) b0=Button(win, text= "0") b0.place(x=220, y=80) #Set the focus on button b1 b2.focus_set() b2=Button(win, text= "Close", command= close) b2.place(x=240,y= 140) win.mainloop()
Running the above code will display the focus for numeric key ‘2’.
To change the focus of the widget, just add the focus_set.() method to the widget you want to set focus on.
- How to set focus on Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to remove focus from a Tkinter widget?
- How to set focus for Tkinter widget?
- How to use the Entry widget in Tkinter?
- Get contents of a Tkinter Entry widget
- How to connect a variable to the Tkinter Entry widget?
- Tkinter Spinbox Widget Setting Default Value
- Getting the Cursor position in Tkinter Entry widget
- Return the input of the Entry widget in Tkinter
- How to disable an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to set default text for a Tkinter Entry widget?
- How to insert a temporary text in a tkinter Entry widget?
- How to set the width of a Tkinter Entry widget in pixels?
- How to change the Entry Widget Value with a Scale in Tkinter?
- Change the focus from one Text widget to another in Tkinter