- SAP BW on HANA Tutorial
- SAP BW on HANA - Home
- SAP BW on HANA - Overview
- SAP BW Basics
- SAP HANA Basics
- SAP BW on HANA - Architecture
- SAP BW on HANA - Benefits
- Native HANA Modeling
- BW Data Warehousing
- BW Database Version
- SAP BW on HANA - Modeling Tools
- SAP BW on HANA - Migration
- SAP BW on HANA - Migration Tools
- SAP BW on HANA - Data Mngmt
- HANA Optimized InfoCubes
- Composite Providers
- Composite Providers in HANA
- SAP BW on HANA - Advanced DSOs
- SAP BW on HANA - Hybrid Modeling
- HANA Views for BW InfoProviders
- SAP BW on HANA - HANA Live
- Data Provisioning
- SLT Replication HANA
- SLT Replication BW
- DB Connect
- HANA View for InfoCube
- SAP BW on HANA - Process Chain
- HANA vs BWA
- SAP BW on HANA - Authorization
- Consultant Responsibilities
- SAP BW on HANA Useful Resources
- SAP BW on HANA - Quick Guide
- SAP BW on HANA - Useful Resources
- SAP BW on HANA - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP BW on HANA - Composite Providers
Composite Providers are used to combine multiple InfoProviders using Join or Union operations. When you use SAP BW on HANA, one of the InfoProvider should use in-memory database and the data in composite providers can be used for reporting and analysis.
When you use SAP BW with non-HANA database, then BWA is a prerequisite to create Composite Providers. The primary advantage of Composite Providers is that you can create new complex business scenarios by combining InfoProviders using Join operation.
Create Composite Providers
You can create Composite Providers in Administration workbench using Transaction: RSLIMOBW
In Composite Provider screen, enter the name of the Composite Provider (up to 10 characters) and click the Create button.
The graphical modeling environment appears.
You can drag and drop the required InfoProviders (from the InfoProvider tree on the left of the screen) onto the modeling area.
When you drag the InfoProviders, you can define binding type - Union or Join and click OK.
Next is to drag the fields from the InfoProviders → Composite Provider. These lines show the InfoProviders fields that are used in Composite Provider. When you use data binding as Join, it is labeled with name Join.
You can also change the name of the field or can add a description. To change the field name, right-click on the field name → Change Property → Change.
You can also assign a currency or unit from a characteristic to key figures. To do so, go to Context menu of Key figure → Change Property → Change.
You can also see XML structure of composite provider using display XML option.
The next step is to activate the CompositeProvider. When the CompositeProvider is activated, the data is stored in BW Accelerator or the SAP HANA database.