- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to create multiple plots of different sizes in base R?
Often, we have multiple values, vectors or columns of an R data frame that needs to be plotted on a single graph so that we can compare them at the same time or they have some kind of relationship among them. Therefore, we can use layout function along with matrix function to divide the plot window as shown in the below example
Consider the below layout and plot of individual values −
layout(matrix(c(1,2,3,3,4,5,6,6),nrow=4,ncol=2,byrow=FALSE)) plot(500) plot(525) plot(530) plot(531) plot(540) plot(528)
Changing the layout and creating the plots −
layout(matrix(c(1,2,3,3,4,5,6,6),nrow=4,ncol=2,byrow=TRUE)) plot(500) plot(525) plot(530) plot(535) plot(533) plot(540)
- How to create three-dimensional arrays of different sizes in R?
- How to create boxplot for multiple categories in base R?
- How to combine list elements of different sizes in R?
- How to create boxplot for multiple categories with long names in base R?
- How to create a graph in base R with multiple shades of a particular color?
- How to stop par(mfrow) to create multiple plots in one plot window and create only one plot in R?
- How to add named vectors of different sizes based on names in R?
- How to create multiple bar plots for varying categories with same width bars using ggplot2 in R?
- How to show multiple ggplot2 plots with Plotly using R?
- How to create bar plot in base R with different limits for Y-axis?
- How to increase the width of lines for histogram like plots in base R?
- How to create heatmap in base R?
- How can Matplotlib be used to create multiple plots iteratively in Python?
- How to set the plot area to assign the plots manually in base R?
- How to create combination of multiple vectors in R?