Here is a list of sample questions which would help you to understand the pattern of questions on Project Scope Management being asked in PMP Certification Exams.
(1) The process of determining, documenting and managing stakeholder needs and requirements to meet project objectives is known as
Hint: See Collect Requirement process definition, Page 105, PMBOK 5
(2) The Scope Management Plan is included in which of the following documents?
Hint: Scope Management Plan is a part of Project Management Plan
(3) Project Scope:
Hint: Scope Management is done from the start till the closing phase
(4) The Project charter is created by:
Hint: It is created by project sponsor(s)
(5) The project scope statement furnishes the basis for:
Hint: See Sec 188.8.131.52, Page 123-24, PMBOK 5
(6) The Scope Baseline is:
Hint: See, Sec 184.108.40.206, Page 131, PMBOK 5
(7) The Requirements that describe features, functions and characteristics of the product, service, or result that will meet the business and stakeholders requirements is known as:
Hint: See Sec 5.2, Page 112, PMBOK 5
(8) The PM distributed a document to the stakeholders, which described the software to be developed, the functionality, the users it would serve and the installation timeline. The document was an example of:
Hint: Refer Page 105, PMBOK 5
(9) Each item of the Work Breakdown Structure is assigned a unique identifier. What is the name of this identifier?
Hint: See code of accounts definition, Page 531, PMBOK 5
(10) What is the term for the technique that utilizes a decision matrix to provide a systematic analytical approach for establishing criteria, such as risk levels, uncertainty, and valuation to evaluate and rank many ideas?
Hint: See Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis definition, Page 531, PMBOK 5
(11) What is the term used for the processes required to ensure that the project include all the work required, and only the work required, to complete the work successfully.
Hint: See Project Scope Management definition, Page 555, PMBOK 5
(12) Project Scope Management has following processes:
a. Collect Requirements
b. Plan Scope management
c. Define Scope
d. Create WBS
Arrange them in the correct sequence.
Hint: See Page 106, PMBOK 5
(13) In the context of a project, the term scope refer to
Hint: See Page 105, PMBOK 5
(14) 14. A project manager working on the Project Scope Management processes is operating at the Plan Scope Management process, where he is using all of the following inputs excluding
Hint: See Plan Scope Management inputs, Page 106, PMBOK 5
(15) Which of the following inputs used in the process of Collect Requirements is not the output of the preceding process of Plan Scope Management?
Hint: Stakeholder Register is an output of Identify Stakeholders process
(16) The various tools and techniques used during the process of Collect Requirements include all but
Hint: Variance analysis in not applicable to scope management
(17) Which of the following is not used as an input for the Validate Scope process?
Hint: See Validate Scope process, Page 106, PMBOK 5
(18) Decomposition is an important tool used to
Hint: See Create WBS process, Page 106, PMBOK 5
(19) The focused sessions that bring key stakeholders together to define product requirements is known as
Hint: See Facilitated Workshops definition, Page 114, PMBOK 5
(20) A grid that links product requirements from their origin to the deliverables that satisfy them is known as
Hint: Read about Requirements Traceability Matrix, Page 118-19, PMBOK 5