PMP Mock Exams
Based on PMBOK 5th Edition
Here are 200 objective type sample questions and their answers are given just below to them. This exam is just to give you an idea of type of questions which may be asked in PMP Certification Exams. Even we have taken full care to give correct answers for all the questions but it is recommended to verify these answers.
In examination you will get each question one by one on computer screen
(1) A business case, which helps to determine whether a project is worth the investment, is created on the basis of the following except for
Hint: Availability of funds is not a criterion for a business case.
(2) You are in charge of developing a new product for an organization. Your quality metrics are based on the 80th percentile of each of the last three products developed. This is an example of:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 116, Benchmarking (definition)
(3) The two closing procedures are called:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 61, Table 3-1 Closing Process Group
(4) During the develop schedule process, the Project Manager may have to go through several iterations of the schedule before establishing the schedule baseline. All of the following are tools and techniques that may be used during this process:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 61, Table 3-1 Develop Schedule: Tools & Techniques
(5) Which of the following models of conflict resolution allows a cooling off period, but seldom resolves the issue in the long term?
Hint: Withdrawal is a temporary solution that evades problem-solving as much as possible.
(6) In communication, the receiver decodes the messages based on all but the following:
Hint: Distance isn't among the criteria for interpreting a message received
(7) How much time does the typical project manager spend communicating both formally and informally?
Hint: with and among all the stakeholders including sponsor, customers, vendors, project team, PMO and upper management.
(8) Group brainstorming encourages all of the following except:
Hint: The objective of Brainstorming is to generate diverse ideas.
(9) The critical element in a project's communication system is the:
Hint: A project manager facilitates all project-related communication
(10) System integration consists of:
Hint: Integration means bringing together of the components.
(11) Performance reviews are held to:
Hint: Definition of Performance reviews, Page 549, PMBOK 5
(12) A complex project will fit best in what type of organization?
Hint: A matrix organization is best for complex projects because of the mix of functional expertise and project management focus.
(13) Which of the following could be an appropriate WBS code for a work package at the fourth level in a WBS where the top level code is 1.0?
Hint: Both B and C follow the correct format
(14) Which of the following Project Scope Management processes involves subdividing the major project deliverables into smaller, more manageable components?
Hint: Project deliverables are broken into work packages un Create WBS process
(15) The review of key deliverables and project performance at the conclusion of a project phase is called:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 41, Sec 2.4.2 Project Phases
(16) Project scope is:
Hint: Project scope means all the work and only the work required to complete the project successfully
(17)The unique identifiers assigned to each item of a WBS are often known collectively as:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 132, WBS
(18) The sender of a message is responsible for:
Hint: The objective of communication is to ensure that the message is conveyed.
(19) What are the best uses of PERT:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 553, See PERT definition
(20) Change requests can occur due to:
Hint: Change requests are made to ensure that the planned outcome of the project is achieved
(21) A project management plan is:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 553, See Project Management Plan definition
(22) Which of the following is NOT an example of a type of schedule report?
Hint: A fishbone diagram is meant for cause and effect analysis.
(23) The most important criteria in deciding to initiate a project selection method is:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 10, Projects and Strategic Planning
(24) Which of the following is correct order for stages in Tuckman ladder?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 276
(25) Three major processes in Project Human Resource Management are:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 257, Figure 9-1
(26) A project is defined as:
Hint: A project is always temporary and every project gives a unique product or service.
(27) Which of the following is not a General management technique?
Hint: Application of PMBOK is project management
(28) According to PMBOK, project management processes are organized into following order of process groups:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Project Management Process Groups
(29) ___________ must be measured regularly to identify variances from the plan.
Hint: Project performance must be measured at regular intervals.
(30) A project kick off meeting is usually conducted to:
Hint: A kick-off meeting gets the project team onboard and announces the manager
(31) Which of the following is not an external-unpredictable risk?
Hint: Inflation rate is known and predictablen
(32) Maslow ranked Human needs from the highest to lowest:
Hint: Refer Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
(33) Which of the following statements concerning contract type is correct?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 364 Time and Material Contracts
(34) Herzberg identified factors, which, if present, will lead to increased motivation. A typical factor would be:
Hint: Refer to Herzberg's Two Factor Theory
(35) Your customer ask for a small change in the project, which was not budgeted in the project. It is a small effort as compared to the total project and you need the goodwill for a multimillion dollar on the pipeline. You will
Hint: Impact of every change must be assessed and should go through change control
(36) You are responsible for ensuring that your seller's performance meets contractual requirements. For effective contract administration, you should:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 383, Sec 126.96.36.199 Contract Change Control System
(37) The three major causes of change on a project are:
Hint: Scope change and estimation errors are the main causes
(38) The purpose of the review of deliverables and project performance at the conclusion of a project phase is to:
Hint: Closure of a project phase is a point to reassess the ongoing project progress and change or terminate the project if necessary. PMBOK 5, Page 41, Sec 2.4.2
(39) Your project is in the final test stage, the user acceptance test. It meets all the product specs and is under planned costs. In term of schedule, this project is ahead. Your customer met you and requested that he will not accept the product unless you make several changes. What you should do is:
Hint: All the change requests must be made formal
(40) The delphi Method is best suited for:
Hint: It can be used to vote for a decision.
(41) Which of the following methods is least likely to be used for explaining project planning guidelines to the team?
Hint: A report gives information about what happened and doesn't talk about planning or give guidelines or directives.
(42) Projects are initiated in response of:
Hint: All those factors contribute towards project initiation.
(43) The party that needs the change resulting from the project, and who will be its custodian on completion is the:
Hint: Project owner is the custodian
(44) A document or tool which describes when and how human resources will be brought onto and taken off the project team is called a:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 265, Staffing Management Plan
(45) In which type of organization is team building likely to be most difficult?
Hint: The team members report to multiple managers in matrix organizations.
(46) A tool which links the project roles and responsibilities to the project scope definition is called:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 262 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
(47) Which of the following are outputs from the Plan Communications Management process?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 288, Figure 10-1
(48) Which of the following statement is correct?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 420, A1.3 Project Management Process Groups
(49) The sending or conveying of information from one place to another is the process of:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 293, Sec 10.1.2.3 Communication Models
(50) The three major types of communication are:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 287