Here is a list of sample questions which would help you to understand the pattern of questions on Project Integration Management being asked in PMP Certification Exams.
(1) A planning method, which provides details of the work to accomplish, but also provide some preliminary description of the work to be done in later phases is called :
Hint:In Rolling wave, high level plan is made and detailed plans are made for activities just a little before they have to be executed.
(2) What is the term used for the area that entails processes and activities that define, combine, unify and coordinate the processes and project activities carried out within the various Project Management Process Groups?
Hint:See Project Integration Management definition, Page 63, PMBOK 5
(3) When Integration is used under Project Management, it includes all of the following activities except for.
Hint: Refer First para, Page 63, PMBOK 5
(4) One of the initial project documents, issued by senior management, which outlines the authority of the project manager, is called Project charter. As a seller, what other document can be used in this place:
Hint: A Contract authorizes work for a seller
(5) During the planning development process, at times it is necessary to make certain assumptions to enhance the project plan when the data is not available. In regard to making those assumptions, which one of the following is most true for project planning purposes?
Hint: Project scope statement: Assumptions, Page 124, PMBOK 5
(6) A project planning methodology is any structured approach used to guide the project team during development of the project plan. What is an example of this methodology?
Hint: Use of predefined templates helps achieve standardization in processes
(7) Ahmar, a project manager in a construction company has been authorized to apply the organizational resources to project activities. The authorization comes in the form of.
Hint: Project Charter authorized the manager to obtain access to resources
(8) The process of defining, preparing and organizing all subsidiary plans along with integrating them into the comprehensive project plan is known as.
Hint: Refer Sec 4.2, Page 72, PMBOK 5
(9) The project closing process is essential to overall project planning. What is considered one of the most important steps in closing the project?
Hint: All the requirements must be fulfilled before the closing process
(10) Each project phase is marked by completion of one or more:
Hint: Some deliverables are produced as outputs from processes performed to complete project work.
(11) Abdullah, a project engineer is working on an IT project that requires him to direct the project activities and initiate the approved changes in the project work. He is executing which activity of the Project Integration Management Process.
Hint: Direct and Manage Project Work, Page 79, PMBOK 5
(12) A project manager in a construction company identified the project activities that were not giving output as per the performance goals outlined in the project management plan. The finding is the result of:
Hint: Monitor and Control Project Work, Page 86, PMBOK 5
(13) Murli, a project manager in a Telecom Company got all the project related information listed and improvised in the Organizational Process Assets (OPA) along with its communication across the organization. The process undertaken by him is known as:
Hint: Refer to Perform Integrated Change Control, Page 94, PMBOK 5
(14) Rahim, a project manager on a Distribution and Logistic Project is devising a cost estimate for a contingency plan. He will resort to integration of the following except for:
Hint: Cost estimate doesn't require a stakeholder register
(15) A project management team working on a manufacturing and materials project complete it on time by undertaking the following activities under the project management plan except for:
Hint: Corporate Social Responsibility isn't related with project management
(16) For the developing a project charter of an IT project, the project manager utilized various inputs for it that exclude?
Hint: Schedule comes into picture quite later
(17) Rahim, a project manager in a manufacturing company has devised the project management plan for a project on construction of company premises. The project management plan that will guide project execution and control has been developed on the basis of the following inputs but.
Hint: Work Performance Information comes as a result of validate scope process
(18) A project manager is directing and managing a project. While doing that, he is utilizing some tools and techniques. The tools and techniques guiding him do not include.
Hint: Change Control Tools are used in Perform Integrated Change Control process
(19) While directing and managing a project, the activities undertaken by the project manager got the following output that excludes.
Hint: Change log is an output of Perform Integrated Change Control process
(20) Monitor and Control Project Work is a process that utilizes various inputs for detecting and correcting the shortcomings in any of the areas to ensure achievement of the goals of the project. Which of the following inputs is used for the process?
Hint: See Monitor and Control Project Work inputs, Page 65, PMBOK 5