- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Who was the first person on Earth according to Hindu mythology?
According to Matsyapurana, the first person on this Earth is Manu. The Sanskrit term Maanav meaning a human was derived from the name Manu denoting his children. Manu was the son of Prajapati (another name of Brahma) and Shatrupa (another name of Saraswati). God created Ananti as the wife of Manu. These two are said to be the parents of this world according to Hindu Mythology.
Manu and Manvantara
Manu is considered the author of ancient Sanskrit code of law called Manu Smriti. Manu is the head of each Kalpa (Aeon), which consists of fourteen Manvantaraas. Each Manvantara lasts for the lifetime of a Manu and hence there are 14 different Manus such as Swayambhu Manu, Svarochisha Manu, Uttama Manu, Tapasa Manu, Raivata Manu, Chakshusha Manu, Vaivasvata Manu, Savarni Manu, Daksha Savarni Manu, Brahma Savarni Manu, Dharma Savarni Manu, Rudra Savarni Manu, Deva Savarni Manu and Indra Savarni Manu heading 14 Manvantaras respectively.
Each Manvantara contains nearly 306,720,000 years. After these 14 Manvantaras, that particular Kalpa ends. Each Kalpa is nearly equal to 4.32 billion years. There are many kalpas while the name of the present Kalpa is Bhadra Kalpa, the previous Kalpa is Vyuhakalpa and the next one will be Nakshatrakalpa.
The present Manvantara is the seventh one and is called as Vaivasvata Manvantara after its ruler Vaivasvata Manu. According to Vishnu Purana, Vaivasvata Manu who is also called as Sraddhadeva or Satyavrata. Vaivasvata Manu, his family and the seven sages (saptarishis) along with the four Vedas are saved by Matsya avatar of Lord Vishnu from the great flood or Pralaya. This is the end of all the life forms but not entire Universe. Later on, Vishnu made Vaivasvata Manu as the ruler of this Manvantara.
- According to Hindu Mythology, Who has reincarnated as Lord Rama and Laxman?
- Which was the first life form on the earth?
- When was the word Hindu used for the first time?
- What is the concept of half human and half beast in Hindu mythology?
- According to Hinduism, who is Kalki?
- Which gods or goddesses are associated with which day of the week as per Hindu mythology?
- Who discovered the vaccine for smallpox and when? Who was working on a culture of bacteria?
- Who was Robert Hooke?
- Who is the most accidentally famous person ever?
- Who was the inventor of Periodic Table?
- Who was Wilhelm Conrad Rontgen?
- Arrange the planets according to the their revolution velocity 1. Mars2. Jupiter3. Uranus4. Earth
- Who is the pioneer person behind Aditya Birla Group?
- Who was Francis Bacon and what was his contribution to English Literature?
- The weight of any person on the moon is about 1 /6 times that on the earth. He can lift a mass of 15 kg on the earth. What will be the maximum mass, which can be lifted by the same force applied by the person on the moon?