- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the health benefits of lettuce?
Lettuce is most often grown as a leafy vegetable. It is widely used all over the world for salads, soups, sandwiches, and wraps. Apart from the great taste it adds to the food, it carries more nutritive values and very fewer calories. Lettuce is mostly eaten raw, shredded or chopped and becomes the main part of the vegetable salad. Listed below are some of the health benefits of Lettuce.
Lettuce is a very good source of Vitamin K and the chlorophyll in the leaves help to increase bone mass.
The iceberg lettuce is an excellent source of choline.
The romaine lettuce is rich in manganese, chromium, vitamins A, B2, B1, C, and folic acid.
Lettuce is very good for people who want to lose weight because of its fewer calories and more water content.
Lettuce improves overall human immunity and helps in preventing various diseases and promotes good health.
Lettuce is rich in various phytonutrients which build the immune system of the human body.
Lettuce is an excellent source of beta-carotene, vitamin A, and flavonoids. These vitamins help to prevent oral cavities and cancers.
Lettuce is used for the treatment of Alzheimer’s and prevents neural damage to the brain.
Intake of fresh leaves of lettuce as a salad is highly recommended to pregnant women because of its medicinal values which help in preventing the development of any kind of neural tube defects in the baby.
Lettuce is very good for people with high blood sugars and people who want to lose weight as it has a very low Glycemic Index. As lettuce does not have refined or white sugars it is a great dietary food.
- What are the health benefits of capsicum?
- What are the health benefits of avocado?
- What are the health benefits of dhaniya?
- What are the health benefits of Clove?
- What are the health benefits of spinach?
- What are the health benefits of tamarind?
- What are the health benefits of carrot?
- What are the health benefits of Ashwagnadha?
- What are the health benefits of brown bread?
- What are the health benefits of drinking jeera water daily?
- What are the health benefits of rice water for babies?
- What are the health benefits of protein bars? Do they replace your breakfast?
- What are the benefits of meditation?
- What are the benefits of wheatgrass?
- What are the major benefits of Ayurveda?