- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are some precautions and lifestyle changes that we should adopt to prevent diabetes?
Diabetes is one of the chronic metabolic diseases that is affecting millions of people all over the globe. It is caused when a person's blood glucose levels become high either due to inadequate insulin production or when the body stops responding to the insulin, or sometimes both. If diabetes is not controlled, it can cause blindness, kidney failure, heart ailments, nervous weakness and what not.
Before a person is diagnosed with diabetes, the body will give some symptoms, due to the retention of glucose levels in the blood. This is known as prediabetes. With some precautions and lifestyle changes, we can prevent diabetes. Fortunately, progressing from prediabetes to diabetes isn't inevitable, and we can always reverse it.
Here are some precautions and lifestyle changes that we can adapt to prevent diabetes:
Focus on eating Healthy
Cut down sugars and refined carbs. Limit foods that are high in sugars. Most importantly focus on eating only when your body requires food. Watch your portion sizes. Unhealthy snacking should be stopped in between the meals. Take a lot of fresh veggies and fruits and cut down processed food.
Avoid smoking and Alcohol
We know that uncontrolled diabetes will invite heart, eyes and kidney problems. A person who is addicted to smoking and alcohol will have higher chances of getting such problems earlier. The addictions will make it harder to exercise and further make it difficult to lose weight.
Walking and Exercise
Exercising and cardio should be added to your routine. Minimum of 30 minutes of activity every day will increase the production of insulin and helps in getting rid of that extra glucose. Obesity is directly linked to diabetes. Start some physical activity like exercising, walking or cycling and try to shed off those extra pounds. It is observed that by losing a few pounds many people could successfully drive away diabetes. Most importantly avoid the sedentary behavior.
When you're stressed, your blood sugar levels go up. Anxious persons are poor managers of diabetes. Stress makes you forget to exercise and eat right. Managing stress is very important to control diabetes. Incorporate breathing exercises, yoga, and hobbies that de-stress you. A healthy lifestyle will help you achieve a peaceful mind.
- How to prevent gestational diabetes?
- World Diabetes Day 2018: Here Are The Tips to Prevent Diabetes In Young Children And Teens
- What are some of the unwritten social rules that everybody should follow?
- What precautions are to be taken when we go to see a newborn baby?
- What is adopted child syndrome and some effective ways to prevent it?
- What are some Ransomware Preventions you should always keep in mind?
- What are native methods in Java and where should we use them?
- What are some facts about forests in India which everyone should know?
- What are the changes we can make in our society without much effort?
- What is SciPy and why should we use it?
- What are the effects of gestational diabetes on the baby?
- What are some of the best Indian movies of all time that we can see anytime, anywhere?
- What are top 5 solutions to prevent black knees and elbow?
- What are the ten things that we are consuming wrong?
- Is it true that we should not add salt to curd?