- SAP Simple Finance Tutorial
- SAP Simple Finance - Home
- SAP HANA - Introduction
- SAP Simple Finance - Introduction
- SAP Simple Finance - Architecture
- Extend G/L Coding Block
- Universal Journal
- Document Number
- Display Financial Tables
- Deployment Options
- Post & Reverse Documents
- Reporting Options
- SAP Simple Finance - Migration
- Manual Reposting of Costs
- SAP Simple Finance - G/L Accounting
- Create a Primary Cost
- Create a Secondary Cost
- SAP Simple Finance - Ledger Mgmt
- Asset Accounting
- Create an Asset
- SAP Simple Finance - Asset Scrapping
- Create Default Account Assignment
- Management Accounting
- Profitability Analysis
- Period Lock Transaction
- New Period Closing Program
- SAP Simple Finance - Integration
- SAP Simple Finance - IBPF
- Consultant Capabilities
- SAP Simple Finance Resources
- SAP Simple Finance - Quick Guide
- SAP Simple Finance - Resources
- SAP Simple Finance - Discussion
SAP Simple Finance - Architecture
SAP Simple Finance provides huge cost and time saving to manage finance and accounting by leveraging the computing power of SAP HANA. Universal journal combines all the good qualities of accounting components. In the previous SAP Finance Accounting tool, all the components are separately managed due to technical restrictions without HANA platform.
Before SAP Simple Finance there were a lot of challenges, such as −
- Different level of details stored in respective components/tables
- To move the data to appropriate table for reporting purpose
- Multiple BI extractors to analyze full data in BI
- Reconciliation needed for all components
With the new architecture of SAP Simple Finance, Universal Journal serves as a single source for all components with one line item table.
Key Features of the New Architecture
Following features are provided with new SAP Simple Finance architecture −
Multidimensional reporting on Universal journal without performing data replication to BI.
Universal Journal as one-line item table with full detail for all the components. No reconciliation is required and data is stored only once.
Improved structural capabilities of the financial solution - multiGAAP, additional currencies, etc.
Support for the existing ABAP programs or reports to prior tables with read access.
Following tables are replaced by compatibility views in the new architecture −
Index Tables Removed −
- BSIS - Index for G/L account
- BSAS - Index for G/L Accounts (Cleared Items)
- BSID - Index for Customers
- BSAD - Index for Customers (Cleared Items)
- BSIK - Index for Vendors
- BSAK - Index for Vendors (Cleared Items)
Aggregate Tables Removed −
- GLT0 - General Ledger Totals
- GLT3 - Summary Data Preparation for Consolidation
- KNC1 - Customer Master (Transaction Figures)
- LFC1 - Vendor Master (Transaction Figures)
Other Tables Removed −
- COEP - Cost Line Items
- ANEP - Fixed Assets: Line Items
Universal Journal Extensibility in New Architecture
You can easily extend Universal Journal with customer fields. Extensibility is available for all the components that use Universal Journal - G/L, Asset Accounting, and Material Ledger.
Extensibility for General Ledger coding block extensibility.
HANA based reporting of all the components - General Ledger, AA, and Controlling.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started