- SAP Ariba Tutorial
- SAP Ariba - Home
- SAP Ariba - Introduction
- SAP Ariba - Key Benefits
- SAP Ariba - Account Configuration
- User & Role Management
- Supplier Membership Fees
- SAP Ariba - Configuring SAP ERP
- Configuring Ariba Procurement Solution
- Buyers & Supplier Terms
- SAP Ariba - Integrating Master Data
- Integrating Transaction data
- SAP Ariba - SAP ERP Transports
- SAP Ariba - Downloading workbooks
- SAP Ariba - Installation
- SAP Ariba - Configuration
- SAP Ariba - Security Details
- SAP Ariba - Logging & Auditing
- Comparison With Other Tools
- SAP Ariba - Solution Areas
- SAP Ariba - Configurable Workflows
- SAP Ariba - Reporting Options
- Integration with S/4 HANA
- Best Practices For Integration
- SAP Ariba Useful Resources
- SAP Ariba - Quick Guide
- SAP Ariba - Useful Resources
- SAP Ariba - Discussion
SAP Ariba - User and Role Management
In SAP Ariba, administrators and users perform different roles. Administrators of Ariba system perform the following responsibilities −
Account configuration and management – registering new accounts in SAP Ariba network.
Handle account login issues and act as primary contact for Ariba users.
Creating new roles in Ariba system.
Linked to user name and login entered during registration.
A user has the following primary tasks in Ariba system −
Users can have different roles concerning procurement and supply chain process.
Users can update their profile in Ariba system.
Configuring notifications and workflows based on roles and responsibilities.
Creating Users and Roles
Administrator’s primary task is to create new users and roles in Ariba system.
To create new user and role, navigate to Account Settings → User tab. This will open Users page.
To create new role, under Manage User Roles → Create Role button.
Enter the name of role and description for the role to be created.
Now, add permissions to role that is based user job responsibilities.
To save new role, click Save. You can also check detail of an existing role, edit or delete a Role.
To create new User, click Create User button and mention the details about user including name and contact. Next is to select a role for new user based on roles and click Done.
Note − It is possible to create 250 users in Ariba network.
Managing User Accounts
You can also manage existing user accounts. Select an existing user under User tab and to make changes, click Edit. To make a user an administrator, click Make Administrator option.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started