- Place Value, Ordering and Rounding
- Decimal Place Value: Tenths and Hundredths
- Decimal Place Value: Hundreds to Ten Thousandths
- Writing a Decimal Number Less Than 1 Given its Name
- Writing a Decimal Number Greater Than 1 Given its Name
- Writing a Decimal Number Given its Name: Advanced
- Reading Decimal Position on a Number Line: Tenths
- Reading Decimal Position on a Number Line: Hundredths
- Introduction to Ordering Decimals
- Ordering Decimals
- Rounding Decimals
Writing a Decimal Number Greater Than 1 Given its Name
Here we are considering decimal numbers greater than 1 or decimal numbers that have both whole number part and decimal part. For example: Five and eight tenths; Sixty-three and fifteen hundredths; Three hundred one and two hundred eighteen thousandths and so on.
Rules to write the decimal numbers greater than 1 in numeral form.
- We write the number before 'and' as a numeral followed by decimal point.
- We write the number after 'and' as a whole number after decimal point
- We see to it that the last digit of this whole number has same place value as given by the decimal unit mentioned.
Write the decimal ninety-one and fifty-four thousandths.
- We write ninety-one & 'and' as "91."
- We write fifty-four thousandths as "0.054." so that 4 is in thousandths place.
- So we write ninety-one and fifty-four thousandths as "91.054"
Write the decimal number twenty-six and nine tenths.
For twenty six & ‘and’ we write "26."
For nine tenths we write 0.9 such that 9 is in tenths place.
Therefore twenty-six and nine tenths is 26.9
Write the decimal ninety-seven and three hundredths.
For ninety-seven & ‘and’ we write "97."
For three hundredths, we write 0.03 such that 3 is in hundredths place.
Therefore ninety-seven and three hundredths is 97.03
Write the decimal number two hundred five and seven thousandths
For two hundred five & 'and' we write "205."
For seven thousandths, we write 0.007 such that 7 is in thousandths place.
Therefore, two hundred five and seven thousandths is 205.007
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started